Sunday, 1 May 2016
Booked in for a total hysterectomy :(
So much has happened in these last 2 years! I love being a mum! My beautiful daughter that we adopted 2 years ago has just turned 3! She is amazing, funny, intelligent, stubborn, crazy and I love her with all my heart! I have been so incredibly happy these last couple of years!
There is however a but.. and that is that my endometriosis has been very bad, I have a 8cm cyst on my left ovary, bad pain, heavy bleeding and I am booked in to have a total hysterectomy on 18th June. I am struggling with this a bit as it all feels so final. I thought after 7 failed attempts at IVF and then moving on to adoption that I had drawn a line under this all, but turns out not quite. I am struggling to come to terms with it all. I still wish that I could have been pregnant, could have experienced all of the things a women was supposed to experience and once my uterus of doom and ovaries and cervix is removed, that chance will be 100% gone.
Everyone keeps telling me how much better I will feel after the surgery and I really hope this will be the case. I am worried about the recovery and pain as well as the emotional side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I hope you're doing well, Nic. I followed your blog closely when I was also TTC. Life has since gotten in the way and my blog-following days ended. You're in my prayers, and I am so glad you have your wonderful daughter. All the best to you and your family!
ReplyDelete