Saturday, 22 June 2013

June = Prep course!!

I have been MIA for the last few months. I have needed time out and I have had nothing to write about! June has finally arrived and we have just done our 3 day prep course! It was extremely interesting, but extremely exhausting! Learnt a lot about brain development, types of abuse, behaviours and about contact. In UK most adoptions are opened adoptions which means there will be some form of contact. I learnt how this can be beneficial to the child we adopt. We have all been given our SWs, which for us is Fiona, who we have already been dealing with. Home study is our next thing to do, and hopefully that will start in the next couple of weeks. We should go to panel all being well in December or January. Thankfully my DH has completely accepted adoption, he has had to do a lot of coming to terms with not having a biological child. I think it is harder for him as he could have a child if he wanted to (with someone else!), whereas I am infertile and it will never happen. That is extremely hard to deal with, but maybe easier as is very black and white for me. Adoption is my only option. I am a lot happier, positive and upbeat person compared to how I was a few months ago. The break has done me good, which I never thought it would. Now I am ready and eager to move on with the adoption process which has finally started!!

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear things are moving along x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to the happy ending of this next journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a hopeful adoptive momma myself, I'm so happy to hear things are moving ahead for you. It's a struggle trying to become a mommy when our bodies won't naturally do it for us! Trust me when I say...I UNDERSTAND! Here's to hoping things keep moving. I'll continue following your journey and praying for your family (as well as mine) that soon you will be a mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending wonderful thoughts your way as you continue through your journey to motherhood, It will all be worth it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a confident adoptive momma me personally, I am therefore pleased to pick up everything is moving in advance to suit your needs. It's really a have difficulty wanting to be a mommy any time the body will not likely normally take action for individuals! Keep in mind that when i state...I realize! This is to be able to wishing items keep moving. I'll continue following your voyage and praying for the loved ones (along with my own) which before long you will end up a mother!Gold Kaufen für World of Warcraft
    cheapest rs gold

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!