Saturday, 9 November 2013

So much has happened, but still no closer

I have not been on here for so long. The adoption process has been hard, frustrating, tedious and we have not progressed! I thought we were getting somewhere and moving forward, but then my SW decided to leave all of a sudden! We have been assigned a new SW and have had to start the process all over again (other than the prep course!). We were so annoyed when we found out! Our new SW is lovely, and it's not her fault we have to start again, but it is frustrating when we cover old ground! Our panel has now been moved to February 2014 and I really hope it does not move again! I wish I could write like I used to in this log, but I have lost my mojo! The only other update is that I had the mirena coil fitted yesterday. It was fairly painful, but I managed fine. I did however have terrible cramps all yesterday, but feeling better today. It feels strange to have the coil fitted when I have IF and people keep presuming It is for contraceptive reasons. Obviously not! It is to try to control my endometriosis as it has been so bad recently. My other options is another lap, or there was talk of a hysterectomy! I'm 29, I would prefer to be at least in my 30's before that happens! Scrap that, I would like to have a family first, all be it an adopted one!

4 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your blog this afternoon, and it's a little serendipitous...I had a hysterectomy this past summer, at age 29. 4 laps and still being in 24/7 pain was enough. Our IVFs failed, and I was a terrible responder anyway. We too are trying to adopt, and went through 3 social workers before our home study got completed, and that's with me being super motivated, keeping copies of everything, and constantly following up. We are currently trying to adopt a child who is in the foster care system, and we hope to hear the decision on whether or not we have been selected in the next week or so.
    As far as the surgery goes, the Hyst was the best decision I could have made. Once the hurdle of recovery (and an infection, thankfully caught early) was past, I am LIVING so much more. I truly had become accustomed to the pain, the constant fatigue, the cramping and the depression it caused. It's all gone. It's like dropping a huge stone that I forgot I was carrying. You must carefully consider and of course make the best decision for you, but I am glad I was able to recover at my own pace because our hoped-for little one was not yet here. I refused to work so hard to get her here and then not be able to get down on the floor to play with her or not be able to pick her up because I was in pain or was post-op.
    This has been a long ramble, but know you aren't alone in your frustrations. I am rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Sunshine Award! Just a little blogging fun :) http://rhondassweetdreams.blogspot.ca/2013/11/sunshine-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your story! I was diagnosed with endometriosis a little over a year ago after my husband Chad and I had been struggling with infertility for several years. We created this video for the "I Believe" Video Journal Project, which is meant to raise awareness for infertility. Please watch our video and vote for us (Chad and Kim Smith) at http://haveababy.com/believe-2013-videos/. If enough people vote, we can win a free IVF cycle. Voting starts Wednesday, November 20th and ends on December 1st. Thank you for helping us start the family we have been hoping and praying for! I will be hoping and praying for the same for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!