Thursday, 6 September 2012
The next step
This last week and a half has been hard since finding out our last embryo had not survived the thaw. I am coping better than expected and feeling a limitless relief that we have decided to move on to the next step. Adoption.
I know adoption is a long, hard process, but no more treatments, no more physical trauma, no more cycles.
We are desperate for a family and adoption is our way of having a family. I am so sick of my body letting me down and the emtional rollercoaster of a cycle.
Strangely I have accepted that we are adopting. Now I need to accept that I will never be pregnant.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It may take some time but I am hoping you get there fast. Your dream of having a family is still alive and kicking and I am glad you are moving to the next step.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on this transition to a new stage of your journey. Let me know how I can be of help.
ReplyDeleteI wish you all the best as you embark on this new journey - adoption is a difficult, time consuming, ultimately wonderful process.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. :( As someone who has gone through the treatments and then to adoption who wanted to carry soooo bad, more than anything, it's really tough. So much harder than anyone could ever know.
ReplyDeleteEven with Hannah being 9 months and I'm sooo grateful to have her, I'm still sad I don't get to carry and I don't think I'll ever "get over it".
if you ever want to talk, I'm here. ((HUGS))
We just made the choice to move towards adoption as well. We couldn't afford the IVF route at all, so this seemed like the next step. We are hoping to start the process in Jan. I know it seems gutwrenching, but ultimately, you'll STILL be a mom, it will just take a bit longer. In the end though, the goal is the same. At least you know with adoption, it WILL happen, unlike waiting and hoping and praying each month.
ReplyDeleteI would imagine the letting go and acceptance is hard. But congratulations on taking the next step forward. Wishing you all the best on your adoption journey!
ReplyDelete