Wednesday, 3 October 2012
Contacted an adoption agency
I called an adoption agency yesterday. I thought it would just be a quick call, giving my details and asking for a date an information session. It turned into a 45 minute phone interview! There were so many questions asked about my situation, DH situation, what type of a child we would like, who would be the the primary parent, how I felt about open adoption, how long I would take off work and when I went back to work what would happen to the child.
The social worker seemed happy with all my responses except what would happen to the child when I go back to work. I said my MIL is very experienced with kids and she could look after him/her if and when I go back to work. What was the right answer?!?
She also said we need 6 references. What kind of references are needed? Who are best to ask?
We are going to an information evening on 21st November!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteJust curious- how did you identify which agency to contact?
We are at a crossroads and seriously contemplating pursuing adoption. It's tough figuring out where to even start. Any suggestions you have along the way are appreciated.
Friends, Family and Work references and anyone that has known you for a long time.
ReplyDeleteAnd any social worker should be happy that MIL would look after the child if you go back to work! It shows that you have a supportive network around you!
Good luck chick!
x
We are going thru adoption right now so anything you need to know please ask!! You need referances that know how you will be as a parent so no work people. They ask things like do you spank, how do you tell kids no that kinda thing so. People with kids that know you well are what I would say. They WILL call them.
ReplyDeleteAdoption is beautiful. I am a birthmom and I'm so excited for you! I have a very open adoption with Little Bear and his parents and I couldn't be any happier. I hope it all goes well <3
ReplyDeleteOh wow, this is very exciting - I agree, the MIL thing would seem to be really positive from my perspective, I wonder what the agency feels is the optimal solution if supportive family isn't it? Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say I'm excited for you! Those are good questions. I hope others can help you with answers. Always wishing you the Best!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hannah
Ps. I think that having your MIL take care of child while you are at work would be a Good thing. Don't see why they wouldnt think so as well:)
Just wanted to say I'm excited for you! Those are good questions. I hope others can help you with answers. Always wishing you the Best!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hannah
Ps. I think that having your MIL take care of child while you are at work would be a Good thing. Don't see why they wouldnt think so as well:)