Sunday, 30 December 2012

How hard is it to get some forms signed?!?

So Christmas was rubbish as I worked most of it and have been very depressed. What has been going on the last few weeks - not a lot is the answer! My adoption SW phoned me after the initial visit and said that she had forgotten to get me to sign the consent forms for her to write to my GP for my medical and to my neurologist. I said that I gave verbal consent, but it was not good enough, she would post me the forms. A week later and she still had not posted them, so I drove to her office to sign the forms. First of all, she only had one for me to sign, I had to ask her if there was a second one, she was not sure and had to check. Good job I asked as there was a form for my GP! I feel that I am going to struggle with how incompetent people are and how slow all of this process is! I have my medical booked with my GP 9th Jan 2013. I really hope it goes ok. I am running a few miles 4 times a week at the moment, trying to get my BMI down from 25.5 to 24 maximum and I am really thinking of offering money or even sexual favours to get a clean bill of health from my GP!! I am not only running to lose weight and get fit, I am running as I feel I have a point to prove. Yes I have MS, No I do not let it affect me, and Yes I can adopt a baby, is the message I am trying to get a across by saying 'look at me running, I can do this!" Crazy right?!? My DH thinks so, but it is a great way to focus my stress and energy and for me to feel like I am doing something as I hate not being in control! I am so scared that I wil be rejected for adoption.......

5 comments:

  1. WELCOME to my world!! I had this adoption crap. They can not get their stuff together. It took forever to get the stuff signed and turned in...still waiting on approval. UGH Hang in there, I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SW of course should have known there were two forms for you. I am glad you asked and got it sorted though. If running helps keep doing it even being out and in the fresh air used to make me feel fabulous. Hope things start to move a little quicker for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your telling me! What kills me is they never tell you the same thing. I met a girl in our classes that I've become friends with the we have the same SW and she'll tell her something and me something totally different. I was told we should hear on our approval between wen and fri. Well see! Ugh. Glad I'm not in this alone. Good to have "met" you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the states. Oklahoma. We are trying to adopt thru the state as its free if you do it that way. It's a much longer wait for babies or so thy say. We are about 5 1/2 months in right now. I don't know how different things are there but if you have questions please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs mamma. Still thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!