Thursday, 13 December 2012
Turns out MS is a BIG problem
We had my intial meeting with the adoption social worker this afternoon. I was very nervous and my house has nevery been cleaner or tidier!
There was a lot of questions asked about why we want to adopt, our IVF, our interests, family, support, child care experience. All of those questions were fine until we came to my MS. The mood changed, became quite negative and I started to get a bad feeling. Basicly we can not move forward until I have had a medical with my GP, the agency has contacted my neurologist and then all the info is gathered on me and sent to an indepent medical advisor for review. I am gutted as this will take ages for all the paperwork to be done etc, and so we will not make it on to the February prep course. She said everything else about us is great and the house is great, it is just my MS. It is always my health that holds us back. I also hate the stigma that is around MS. No one can tell I have it, I seem fine and I am fine, just a bloody label.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sorry to hear about the delay fingers crossed it all gets sorted out as quickly as possible for you to get on a course as soon as possible x
ReplyDeleteUgh, so sorry about the hang up. Hope things move forward surprisingly quickly for you!!
ReplyDeleteVery sorry to hear this, hope things move along quickly!
ReplyDeleteHugs. I am sorry. I hope the process goes quick.
ReplyDelete