Friday, 10 February 2012

WTF appointment booked

I have a WTF appointment booked with my Dr for 23rd Feb. I am not sure what this will achieve as no one knows why my cycles keep failing.

I am going to request repeat of the intralipids as have high NK cells, but also steriods. I know some girls that have had steriods and got PG.

I do not feel that I have anymore IVF's in me, but I have 3 frosties so could have 3 more FETs if they survive the thaw. I want to know I have done everything possible before we stop fertility treatments and think about adoption. I feel steriods is the next step. If I do not try them I will always wonder 'what if'.

How many of you have tried steriods? Did they help you to get PG? What side effects did you have?

2 comments:

  1. I had intralipid infusions and took dexamethasone. The dexamethasone made me really hungry, but other than that, I didn't notice much in the way of side effects aside from bad headaches when they had me wean from them. But, I am now 16 weeks pregnant. I can't say what it was that made this one finally stick, but I did want to wish you luck! My vote is always give it all you have, so the steroids may not hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i took prednisone with my last FET and am taking it again for this one. No baby yet, but hopeful still. This time we threw in IVIG for good measure. Really want to know we did everything we could to have the best chance possible. The steroid effects haven't been much, btw. I'm taking 10mg this time. Last pregnancy was 20mg and I did gain weight at that dose, unfortunately. good luck to you in making your decision.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!