Tuesday, 5 June 2012
Not sure where I am at
One minute I am feeling like I will be ready to move on to our next step if our next FET fails (adoption), other times the thought of never being pregnant makes me cry. I tend not to think about it, pretend that all is fine, brush everything under the carpet. I am so good at ignoring things and pretending all is fine. Such a great, but terrible way of dealing with things.
We have our WTF appointment with my Dr 21st June. It will be pointless. He will say his usual 'its just bad luck' and I will shrug my shoulders and say how I always have bad luck.
One thing I am going to ask is if there is anything at all I can do, take, inject myself with etc to help implantation. I already know the answer is 'No', but I need to ask anyway.
Have any of you had an endometrium scrape before IVF? It is meant to cause a rough patch in your lining and help implantation?
Is there any other drugs I should request. Here is the list of my last FET and my next FET will be the same:
Suprecur (lupron), progynova tabs (oestrogen), asprin, intralipids, 10mg Prednisolone, pregnacare multivit, prontogest injections (progesterone), 125mcg thyroxine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



A few things I did differently after 4 BFNs and 3 years ttc were acupuncture (to help bloodflow to my uterus) and take heparin as a blood thinner. I didn't have any clotting disorders when all of the tests were run, but my second RE said micro-clots wouldn't have shown up necessarily. I did a bunch of other things, non-medically, that I blogged about like always wearing socks, eating pineapple core for the bromelain and selenium, etc. Feel free to check me out...
ReplyDeleteakl-fromheretomaternity.blogspot.com
I have no advice on the medical end, but I know just what you mean about pretending everything is fine. (Until it all bursts out in an ugly crying jag)
ReplyDeleteI would recommend looking into acupuncture if you haven't yet (I can't remember if you've done it before) . I'm so sorry Nic!!!!
ReplyDeleteAcupuncture and this may sound silly, PINEAPPLE! Has anyone else heard of eating alot of pineapple day of and after IVF?
ReplyDeleteOh, Nic. I suspect that once you have the family you dream about, you'll be better able to push the fertility issues to the background. I hate that you're going through all this, and I hope and pray that the next FET is THE ONE. But, if adoption is how you create your family, you'll be thankful that it led you to the child who will change your life.
ReplyDeleteHang in there! One way or another, you WILL be a Mom. I am confident about that.