Wow, I never thought it would come to this. Never thought I would actually need all of my four goes on the NHS (2 IVF and 2 FET). I remember being told what our entitlement was and being extremely hopeful and optimistic; how unlucky will we be if we need to get to our fourth go?!? How naive was I! I now realise that four goes are not enough, I may need more, what then?
I have two frosties waiting to be defrosted, waiting to go back in me and I can not wait to get them back in. I am however scared. I am scared of putting them back in, them not sticking and then we have nothing left. Nothing to keep us going, nothing to look forward to. No potential babies left.
I have a couple of hurdles to get over first before we do this FET. I need to have my neurologist appointment, I need to hear good news that my body can cope with a potential pregnancy and that my neurologist will allow me to try. I need the go ahead from her in writing before my clinic will allow me to do the FET. Problem is, she is a bit of a cow, does not understand about my IF and endo etc and has already said to me 'what is the harm in waiting 6 months?'. 6 MONTHS?!? That is a lifetime away. I have already postponed my FET and waited 5 months since my last IVF. I can not wait much longer. My mental state is not good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I really hope you don't have to wait 6 months. Thinking of you and praying for you!!
ReplyDeleteI hope your neurologist comes around and tries to understand the situation you're in! I pray you're given the OK to move forward with your final FET! You're very fortunate to have paid for the package deal, and those final two frosties can't wait to meet their mama, too! :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you my dear and I agree I hope you do not have to wait either...this should be your turn..I cant believe your neurologist doesnt understand IF and endo...boy does she have any kids? sounds insensitive..hopefully your clinic can explain to her the importance of the connection...Goodluck!
ReplyDeleteI really hope that she doesn't do that to you. In the IF world 6 months feels like an eternity!! FX that she gives you the go ahead. ((BIG HUGS))
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your upcoming FET! It can seem a bit daunting putting all your eggs in one basket :) but I hope you get your BFP!!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!
ReplyDeletehugs hugs hugs...another "Four shot" cycle sista stopping by to say hi. Still waiting on CD1 to get this party started!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW. I hope that you get permission to go ahead with the FET. It's so hard to wait!
ReplyDeleteICLW #87
how did you get on with your neurologist? I'm really hoping you can move forward soon
ReplyDeleteVisiting from ICLW. I really hope that you get the green light to move forward. I'm also waiting on a FET (I've done four IVFs and this will be my first FET). Good luck!!
ReplyDelete6 months?? omg that really is a lifetime. Hope she comes to her senses and schedules you earlier.
ReplyDelete(ICLW)
Happy ICLW! Best of luck pursuing this FET- I very much hope that you won't have to wait 6 months and that you will be given the green light very soon!
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW and I wanted to send you some big hugs and hope things start looking up for you soon so you can move forward. When you've waited so long and put so much emotional effort into it, being forced to wait 6 months is an eternity.
ReplyDeleteICLW #101
the waiting is the worst part! i hope you get the go ahead from your doc! best wishes for a successful fet!
ReplyDeleteI really hope she doesn't make you wait any longer. Praying you get the clearance you need to move ahead. Happy ICLW!!!
ReplyDeleteICLW #121
Wow, I hope your neurologist gets with the program and gives you the go ahead...and, I really hope your upcoming FET is a success.
ReplyDeleteICLW #6
How scary that a judgement call by someone else can determine whether you can proceed! I was in a similar situation last June where I was advised to wait. I disobeyed and got pregnant by using another clinic. If I'd waited, I would have lost my chance as my endo advanced so quickly. I hope you can make it clear to your doctor that a few months of waiting CAN make a difference. It can make all the difference in the world!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from ICLW!
ReplyDeleteUgh...6 months is an eternity!! I hope you are cleared soon and that this is your lucky cycle!!
Sending positive thoughts your way!!
I found you through ICLW. We're currently on FET #2. I sincerely hope your neurologist will pull through for you, and wish you all the best on your upcoming FET. Looking forward to following your journey.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from ICLW. I hope she gives you the clearance soon. Waiting is a horrible game during IF. We've already waited so long and then to have to wait some more is excruciating. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI really hope your neurologist appointment goes well and that this fet is the one!
ReplyDeleteI found you via ICLW. Here in Finland we have 3 IVF tries (and as many FETs that come from them) via the public health sector after that, you have to pay for your own. I've done 2 IVF rounds and hoping to do a 3rd in the fall. I'm starting to think 'what if' too. I'm not ready to give up, although I sometimes think about it, for a fleeting second. I hope you can proceed with your next round soon and that it works!
ReplyDelete