Wednesday, 25 May 2011

What if it never happens?

I belong to a group on fert friends where all the members are part of my clinic. It is great, we are all very supportive, friendly and even meet up which is nice. There has been a lot of activity on it recently and quite a few BFP's which is brilliant. I am so happy for all of the girls, but I a worried it will never be me. One of my biggest fears is never getting pregnant, never experiencing that, never having a baby of my own, never being able to breastfeed.

I am so convinced that I will never get pregnant, but at the same time not willing to accept it which sounds strange I know!

I am going to see a counsellor tomorrow, she is part of the clinic but it is all confidential. She only deals with couples with IF and going through treatments etc which should be good as she should understand quite well.

I need to get my head straight before this FET. I am struggling at the moment and do not like where my head is at.

What if though I can never have a baby.......

7 comments:

  1. I think that group from your center is great. I wish mine had something like that. I really hope the counselor helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{HUGS}} I am glad that you have a good counselor. I bet it is hard to see all the BFP. I pray that it will be you soon. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing a councillor sounds great to help you recover from such a emotional fall..stay positive as it always feels better and i know you are constantly challenged to remain positive but thats all part of journey...we are allowed to feel negative but as long as we do not hold onto it for a looong time it is still healthy we are only human...you will get pregnant please just focus when time is right xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry your feeling like this. I totally understand how your feeling but like I'm always told, it will happen. Your day will come.

    I hope you don't mind but I liked your blog so much I just had to nominate you for "The Versatile Blogger Award". Just follow the below link to get the rules and to be hopefully be inspired.
    http://ourtwistyturnyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/05/yay-im-so-excited-that-ive-received.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all ask that same question, my dear. I hope the counselor helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I deal with that same sinking feeling... Hope the counselor helps!,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from ICLW. Those are such hard questions. I hope you find the counselor helpful. I don't know if it would be possible for you, but it is possible for adoptive moms to breastfeed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!