Sunday, 3 July 2011

Its 'Aunty Nic' for now

Thanks to all for comments on the last post!

Yesterday was quite a nice day with friends at a local festival with drink, sun and a picnic! My friend C who has a 5 month old baby (the one who had a miscarriage previously) came along with baby D. She was grumpy and whiny most of the afternoon, but when 'Aunty Nic' took her for a bit she cheered up and did not cry once and I had her for about an hour. We jiggled along to the music and had little conversations, smiles and she attempted to eat my hair! It was great, I loved spending time with her. I thought it would be hard, especially when people commented on how I was 'a natural', but I just smiled and said thanks. Baby D loves her 'Aunty Nic' and I loved entertaining her!

I left the festival happy (might also have something to do with the pimms!) and was in quite a good mood last night. I did however dream all night of babies and how I was pregnant. I woke up this morning, rubbed my belly and realised it was just fat, no baby :( I have had a bit of a come down from yesterday and the want and desire for a baby is as strong as ever, but C lives in my village so I can see baby D often. Until I have my own baby, it is 'Aunty Nic' for now!

3 comments:

  1. I know it is cliche but sometimes being an aunt is the best. I love spending time with my neices and nephews. I can be super fun and share special momemets with them each and every time I see them. I know I am not thier mommy but Auntie is a very close second place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you had such a nice evening, Nic!! Even though you are "aunty Nic" for now...you WILL be "mommy Nic" soon! Dreams DO come true...never ever ever forget that!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are a great aunt and I'm sure C enjoyed the break. So glad your evening went well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!