Wednesday, 6 July 2011

It is MS

So I got a call form my Neurologist on Monday. She said that she has had a meeting with other neurologists, discussed my case and they are all in agreement that my MRI looks very much like MS.

This was not a surprise to me, but I am still finding it a hard pill to swallow. I think I was a little in denial before and now, well I do not know really what it means for me. Will I lead a normal life, will MS take over my life. When will I get the symptoms again? At the moment I feel 'normal', but how long will that last?

I guess the only good news that can come of this is that I can can go ahead and try for a baby again. There are a few other tests that need to be run for further confirmation, but pregnancy apparently makes signs of MS go away. Now all I have to do is get pregnant! I will call the clinic and get my FET booked for September, my neurologist has given me the OK for September! It seems so long away, but I guess it is only 2 months! Gives me time to get myself into shape a little more.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so sorry for your MS diagnosis. I guess you knew it was coming, but still...hearing confirmation is scary. :( You seem to be handling yourself really well, considering everything. I'm very anxious for your FET in September! Goodness, God needs to hear our prayers and bless you with a pregnancy! Thinking about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nic...I'm so sorry to hear about the MS diagnosis...but glad you finally have some answers. It definitely seems like there is a silver lining here, even though the diagnosis sucks big time! Glad to hear you are free to move forward with your FET.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for the bad news but I'm glad you're staying positive about it! We have no control over the diagnosis we're given, just the way we react to it. I will keep everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry to hear that :( but at least you are not in limbo any more and you know! And it's great news that your neurologist gave you the go ahead to start another FET! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I am so sorry. I have several family members affected by this disease and they are living healthy, happy lives. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry about the diagnosis. But, I pray that for you, knowledge is power and you can kick this things ass for a very very very long time. I know several people with this diagnosis and as the PP said they are leading very healthy and happy lives. HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Nic...I'm sure it was hard for you to hear. I'm glad that you can move forward with this, but still...ugh.

    I keep trying to write something uplifting after that, but I can't. I'd be bummed, scared, and pissed off. Hang in there...get strong for you and your baby-to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, wow. i am so sorry. i hope that the symptoms stay away. stay strong and positive, because you can make it through this! we're all here for you! big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry about the MS diagnosis. I don't know if you've seen it, but some good research out of Canada just got published about MS and pregnancy and how safe it actually is: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/ms-moms-pregnancy-outcomes-similar-other-women-b-040815953.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Nic. Arrrgh. I'm glad you finally got an answer...and I'm so proud of your response to it. I just want your dreams to come true, like NOW. I'm so happy that you're able to move forward with your FET- it's been a long time coming. I'm thinking about you and praying for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, I am so sorry for the diagnosis. That is interesting that pregnancy makes the symptoms go away. I never knew that. I hope it happens for you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!