Tuesday, 15 November 2011

High NK cells

I went to see my RE today and got my blood results. My NK cells are high which I think I am pleased about. It means that it could be the reason for my -ve cycles? It also means that there is a new plan of action. My RE wants me to have intralipids and start on baby Asprin and I will be having the short protocol this time.

I am feeling a lot more positive after this consultationa and we are thinking we will do IVF#3 in January 2012. New year, new treatment, new outcome?

Who knows!

5 comments:

  1. I know its a little backward to say awesome news but I think it is! Intralipids are cake! I'm excited to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have elevated NKCs as well and did intralipids prior to this IVF and I am pregnant (well, according to pee sticks:) ). I will be having another infusion once my beta confirms pregnancy. I am hoping the intralipids help this be a sticky baby for me because we have had two losses! Glad you are getting some answers and are feeling positive about the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a great board for info on NK Cells and Immune treatments: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=52.0

    I was on Dexamethasone for three months after 4 years of infertility, and I am now 18 weeks pregnant because of the medicine. I was never tested for immune response- I was using it to lower my testosterone, but it is also used for NK cells. I have been following you for a while now, and sending lots of good vibes your way! It is so good you got a diagnosis, now you can be on your way to babymaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fingers are crossed that that does the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope this works for you.

    Please keep in mind that many in the medical profession do not believe that elevated NK cells and other immunological issues are a problem for most people. I did an IVF cycle with intralipid injections, having only transferred chromosomally perfect embies and the result? A BFN. I got pregnant with donor sperm medicated IUI with another clinic. No intralipids, nothing.

    Based on what I have heard, it's most appropriate treatment for those with multiple loss, those able to GET pregnant but then miscarry.

    I don't mean to rain on your parade. I just want to make sure you do research on your own. I blindly trusted that IVF doc and shelled out a lot of cash for something I didn't really need. That was my personal experience. That same doc has gotten a lot of women pregnant, so I'm not saying anything against him, but I am saying that these treatments are not universally accepted throughout the RE community.

    That said, again, I do hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!