I have been very I'll the last couple of days, my period has been so bad and I have been throwing up due to pain. Here is a conversation I had with a new co-worker:
Him: how's the baby?
Me: I'm not pregnant
Him: yeah yeah whatever
Me: no, I am not pregnant
Him: what about all this morning sickness?
Me: I couldn't be less pregnant if I tried
Him: yeah, how's that then?
Me: I have my period
Him: well you hear about these people who have periods and are also pregnant
Me: not me
Him: i'm going to spread around work that you are pregnant
Me: please don't, I'm not pregnant
Him: *laughs*
Me: I am not pregnant and I have medical condition and so I might never be able to have kids
Him: what never?
Me: possibly
Him: oh, I won't spread that you are pregnant then
Me: please don't
I walk off in near tears. What part of I not pregnant did he not get? He only started work last week. It's upsetting to have to have that conversation with anyone, let alone an ignorant guy I hardly know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What an insensitive lout! Regardless of whether you're pregnant or not, it's none of his business. You'd think an "adult" would have more common sense and a little sensitivity.
ReplyDeleteIf you want to "accidentally" spill some boiling hot tea in his lap, I think you'd be justified.
I'm sorry you had to deal with someone like that, especially now.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that someone would be so rude! Sorry you had to deal with that.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wonder if people really THINK before they open their mouths! Apparently not! So sorry you had to deal with that ignorant guy!
ReplyDeleteWow. I can't imagine going through that. I'm so sorry. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteGah what a jerk. I'm sorry.
ReplyDeletejeez Nic, what an ass, I'm so sorry you had to deal with an idiot like that.
ReplyDeleteUmmm...guys are asses...they never get it...they never learn...they still think they're funny. He probably never gets laid...at least you have that in your corner. Sorry you had to deal with him at all though...I'm hoping he feels like a huge douche (sorry for the language, but this is tame for me).
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel like screaming at people what part of NOT PREGNANT do you not understand?
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you even had to have a conversation with him. :-(
I've had sickness with my periods before and all people could say was "your pregnant..your pregnant" and I was just thinking "seriously,If I was pregnant and having morning sickness I'd be overjoyed"