Tuesday, 2 February 2010

IVF consult went well!

I was only with the doctor for 15mins but I left very happy. He reviewed my situation and DH's semen analysis and said we go straight to IVF! There is no point with IUI as my tubes are blocked from my endo. He gave me a choice of three clinics which I can pick from. He will send me a letter with the choice, I then send them back, he refers me to the clinic and then I will start IVF approx 3 months after that! The waiting time is a lot shorter than I thought!

He gave me a chick run down of what they do but it was only brief. He said my endo may flare up due to the injections. I will have two injections; one is FSH and the other is to stop me ovulating. They normally do a three day transfer and will only transfer one on my 1st cycle as I'm only 25. They will freeze any embryo's left over. If it does not work I then get a frozen cycle on the nhs, another fresh cycle and then another frozen cycle. I essentially get 4 cycles on the nhs! I really hope that this works!

This means that in June I could be going through IVF! I am so excited!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! It's so nice to finally move on, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! That is about the same time I will be going through IVF! Super pumped for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! Glad to hear it went well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I'm so happy it went so well:) 1 big step closer to your baby!!!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay June!! I hope it comes fast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad things went well at your appointment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!