Thursday, 11 November 2010

first acupuncture session

I decided to give acupuncture a go. I felt very much out of my comfort zone as I do not normally try alternative treatments, but I am trying to be open minded.

The lady is lovely. She took my medical history, then got me to lay on the bed and she stuck needles into me. She only put four in though! One in my ankle, one in wrist, one in forehead and one top of belly. I thought there would be more. I then laid there for a while. I didnt feel much other than a little tingling. I was however very relaxed so that must be a good thing!

I am going back another two times before my IVF starts. I am willing to try whatever it takes to get me my baby. I really hope it helps. I am trying to get my body in shape and my mind in shape.

I am still miserable but somehow today has given me the kick up the arse to get myself sorted. To try to look forward, not back and to be positive.

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to try acupuncture! Yay you for going outside of your comfort bubble. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting! I never tried acupuncture, but I know lots of people do it. My doctor also recommended massages...which I love, so of course I booked those! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for going! I'm not sure if I could ever do it. I know I have done a bunch of injectable cycles, but having needles in me kinda grosses me out. I hope it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up! Sounds like the relaxation would be good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love acupuncture! I've noticed it helps with my endo pain and the chinese herbs my lady gives me are wonderful for stress and endo symptoms too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!