I am part of my fertility clinic's forum and it is great support network just like this blogging world. Well today I bit the bullet and met with a girl from the clinic. We have so much in common, we are the same age, our DH's are the same age. We had a first IVF June/July and we even had our FET on the same day!!! We also sadly are still on the IVF roller coaster. We met in a little cafe and had cake and chatted and before we knew it we had been there for 2 hours!! It was so nice to talk about how shit IF is, how much it takes out of us emotionally as well as physically and to chat to some one who understands! Blogging is great but actually meeting someone who is in the same boat is briliant. It is also good for me as I seemed to have lost a few friends through this IF journey and it is such a secret, no family etc know. To be able to meet with someone who is seperate from your other friends and family and to talk so freely is such a relief!!
I am hopefully going to keep in contact with her and meet on regular occasions.
As you may be able to tell, I am feeling a little happier. I am still stressed and feeling down but talking has seemed to have helped!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



i found your blog on the nov ICLW list! isn't it great to meet some ladies IRL who are dealing with what we're going through? now my IRL blogger friends are all pregnant so i'm hoping i can join them with my belly soon!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really nice. I hope to meet a fellow blogger sometime soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that your office has a forum and that you met someone off that and got along so well. I wish my office had that. Glad you had such a great time. I want a piece of cake now lol.
ReplyDeleteThe human soul is not meant to deal with this alone...so glad you found someone to talk with.
ReplyDeleteI've met a lot of ladies in the area through a RESOLVE peer led support group. I met a girl in the waiting room of my Dr.'s office who told me about it. maybe you should look to see if they have one in your area. I love group nights and being with women that know what it feels like!!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds really nice. I would love to have someone like that to talk to!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! I love meeting people going through the same thing. So glad you were able to meet!
ReplyDelete