Saturday, 20 November 2010

I am going to New York!!!!

DH is taking me to New York for our 10 year anniverary!! I am so excited! We fly out Sunday 5th Dec and fly back to the UK Thurs 9th Dec! It will be a short, busy sight seeing holiday but I can not wait!! Things have been so shit recently with our failed IVF and FET and shit time at work that we have decided f*&k it, lets do something we have always wanted to do!! Good old credit card!

Infertility has put our life on hold for over two years now, we have put off holidays, not spent money 'just in case' we fall pregnant. It seems like such a waste the last couple of years. It will be nice to have a break just before we start our new IVF cycle. December 27th will be here before I know it and I will be back on the IVF roller coaste again!!

Did I mention I am so so excited to be going to New York!!!

Any of you live there or been there? Any one recomend good places to go?

16 comments:

  1. You are going to have an amazing time!! Congrats and what an sweet hubby you have. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a trip to NYC! I live 2 hours north of the city. I highly recommend you buy tickets for the hop oo/off bus trips. The tickets are good for 24 hours and the busses take you all over the city. They point out sights to you and stop every several blocks so you can hop off and shop, sight see, eat etc and then another bus is always around for you to hop back on and resume your tour. You can also add your tickets for the empire states building (another must) and statue of liberty (never been) for a lot less than going separately.
    China town is good shopping for chockey (sp?) souvenere type stuff, and knock off purse.
    Have a great time, enjoy evey minute of it!
    You will be here when it is pretty cold so bring a warm coat and shoes. You could hit rockefeller center and ice skate on the famous ice rink too.
    Fun times~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to have so much fun! Husband and I were just talking about how we should have traveled more before we did the IVF.

    Try this site:

    http://www.topoftherocknyc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! I'm sure you'll have a great time. My dh and I actually want to plan a trip there, too, so I can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Have a great trip!

    ~Elaine, ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your time together, you deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to NY but it is on my list! We always end up going somewhere tropical when we go on vacation. What are you looking forward to seeing most?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fabulous time! Dh & I took a fab trip to St Lucia last year after our failed IVF, and it was one of the best things we ever did! I've only driven through NY city, so I don't have any insight to share.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for you. Good job by your DH! NYC is magical during the holidays. Have a great time. and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are going to NY in December too! Upstate NY, for our next IVF, that is! :) Looking forward to hopefully making it to NYC. Be sure to share any tips here!

    And I totally agree, f*&k it, and splurge!

    Have fun!
    Angie, ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for NYC! I'm just across the river.....some faves: Empire State Building; Central Park (it's HUGE and there's a ton to do in there); just walking around Times Square; The Christmas tree @ Rockerfeller Center; The Met (Metropolitan Museum of Art); and I have yet to do this, but it looks fun in a cheesy kinda way...going for a horse and carriage ride near Central Park.

    You're going to have a blast!

    ICLW (working on getting on the list)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm so jealous - I've always wanted to go to!

    I know what you mean about putting everything on hold, good for you for taking time away.

    Hope you have a wonder time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here from ICLW. I've never been to NYC so can't recommend anything, but I hope you have the most wonderful time. Sound like you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO Happy that you are going on a trip for your 10 year anniverary! Enjoy yourselves and each other YOU REALLY DO DESERVE THIS!!!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your trip sounds great! You will love NYC. Sometimes a vacation is perfect to help you get your energy back to try again. Have a great trip and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here from ICLW -
    Good for you. It is important not to let IF take over your entire life, and enjoy some time with your husband. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!