Wednesday, 10 November 2010

How do you feel about acupuncture?

I am going for a consult and acupuncture tomorrow morning. I am very sceptical, I am not sure if it works, if it will help, but there is nothing to lose! This lady works with people with IF and going through IVF.

Have any of you had acupuncture? Did it help? Do you think it is worth it as it is not cheap!!

I am hanging on by a thread at the moment. Work is bad again, one women is being a bitch and spiteful to me. I am not wanting to be at work, I am not wanting to do anything. I am not sleeping properly still. I am miserable.......

8 comments:

  1. I have not tried acupuncture, but I have heard it does work. I have been secretly watching your blog, and I feel for you! I am in the same boat you are, I have endo and hypothyroid, we are trying for our second child (the first was by far a miracle) and I am willing to do anything at this point to become pregnant! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I am so sorry work is crap. I know how that can affect everything. I have not had acupuncture. I don't think I could do it though. It just kinda eeks me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started acupuncture in april and had my IUI in july. I did it every single week and my acupuncturist also specialized in women's issues & IF. I was one of 8 (yep-8!) women that got pregnant while she was treating them. I firmly believe that the combination of east & west medicine aligned to help us get our pumpkin.
    It doesn't hurt- there may be one or two places that you feel - or you may feel a sudden jolt of energy at a point- that is all normal and actually good. I also did herbs (after researching which ones she prescribed to make sure they were ok) and followed her dietary recommendations.
    I think it is worth a try- especially because it forces you to take some time to breathe in & out & focus on something positive for you- that mindset is probably just as important as the actual treatments.
    Good luck! I haven't been a good commenter lately- but I have been following along and keeping fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At 29, I had Diminished Ovarian Reserve and the IVF doctor basically shrugged her shoulders and said we'd just see what happened, but it seemed like I'd probably be a poor responder. In anticipation of my first IVF cycle, and hoping to boost my chances, I started doing weekly acupuncture. I consented to start IVF with my next cycle, and went off on vacation with my husband to relax before the battle we anticipated ahead of us. I was SHOCKED to discover while we were away that I was pregnant. With what turned out to be identical twins! I was pretty sold on acupuncture at that point, but then my best friend got pregnant her first IUI cycle after starting acupuncture, after two years of no success. We had totally different issues, so I don't know how it works, but it does seem to help a lot. If my husband and I decide that we can handle a third child, I'll definitely be heading back for more 'needling'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love acupuncture. it helped me through the last 2 years and i think it is really helping my current cycle. be sure to shop around. finding a good one that you personally fit with is important. good luck with your decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went for one appointment, but it was on a bad month when hubby had to go out of town during my fertile time so I didn't really get to test it out. The herbs she gave me tasted like ass, which didn't endear me to the process that much but the actual acupuncture was actually kind of nice.

    I think I'll go back next cycle, just because I figure what the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never had it, but seriously wish I had! My sister goes for Lupus/RA and loves it. Can't hurt, right? Just find someone licensed and reputable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did not try acupuncuture. But I did take royal jelly for my 1st IVF which was a BFP. it was pretty last min right about the same time when i started my lupron shots.

    google "royal jelly ivf" and you'll come across a forum discussing the benefits of royal jelly improving egg quality. i bought YS brand royal jelly from vitaminshoppe

    i took it once every morning on empty stomach and, before bedtime on the days whereby i needed to do bloodwork in the morning(just in case the royal jelly affects the hormones in my bloodwork results. i stopped on the day of trigger with HCG. just sharing!

    good luck and lots of baby dust!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!