Wednesday, 3 November 2010

My WTF appointment

I was on the phone to my Doc for half and hour the other day talking about my sedation, my new protocol, my side effects etc. Here is how the conversation went, sorry about bullets!!

- I am moving from Gonal F to menopur - 4 vials a day
- He will be giving me a high sedation straight away for the EC collection rather than topping me up like last time as I am one of those 'rare' cases where I do not sedate very well and I felt too much.
- I will be doing a 5 day transfer as some of mine made it to 5 days last time and then were frozen. He says will give better chance of picking the best but run the risk of nothing to freeze.
- I will have a scan on the 29th Dec before I come off the pill to see if my cyst has gone, if not it will need to be aspirated before I start IVF
- I need to have my clotting times checked as I bleed so heavily and bruise easily
- My hair should hopefully stop falling out, no suggestions there sadly
- Apparently I am a 'challenging case' as nothing goes simply with me!

I think that is it in a nut shell. I really hope my cyst has gone by Dec as I do not want my IVF delayed even more. I did have 3 bleeds last week even though on the pill, must be due to the cyst.

Strangely, I have been feeling tearful and not coping well the last few days. I have not had a proper nights sleep in weeks. I feel like I am struggling at the moment. I am not sure why I am like this. I guess I am tired, scared of my EC, scared of not ever being able to have a baby........

6 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) Sounds like your phone chat went pretty well, and I am glad that they are taking your worries about sedation seriously.
    Hope that cyst takes care of itself soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your call went well. Hope everything goes great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats good that you will be getting a high sedation for your egg collection. And sounds like a 5day transfer is a good idea from what your Dr. says:)

    Hoping & praying that your cyst will be gone when they do your scan on Dec. 29th!!

    Try to get some rest. You sound over tired and weary of everything your going though. I'm so sorry:( I believe you will have your sweet baby soon.

    Lots of Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a plan. I hope this is it and the cyst goes away. I'm sorry your feeling restless and worried. Try not to stress too much, you haven't even started the cycle yet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Plans are good! Sorry that you are feeling so down. It's a rough road. Don't expect yourself to be "okay" all the time! :)

    HOPING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie, I don't think it is strange at all to feel exhausted and done in by this bullshit that is IF and fertility treatment. It is so hard to feel so out of control, and to be on timelines we cannot dictate, and to have it be our innards (again, no or limited control/reaction)-- and this whole damned thing feels like a really long detour to your goal of having a baby (even it if is the most direct route)-

    I am so proud of you for bringing up sedation-- it is different for everyone and your needs deserve to be met and now they have a plan that will make you more comfortable. The clotting test does make sense, but you may also find you bleed/bruise less with menopur (it is more "pure" and I reacted much less to it)-- also you can ask for smaller needles.

    Your darned cyst, I hope it leaves on its own, and if not, at least you have a plan to aspirate instead of waiting (all of mine were "wait it out" which made me nutty).

    Please be gentle with yourself, IF is crazymaking, and you are not crazy for feeling out of sorts.

    December is coming so fast.

    xox
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!