I am currently writing my CV to apply to a new job. I have been working as a veterinary surgeon at the practice for the last 2 and a bit years since qualifying. The job is hard work, stressful and long hours but so is most veterinary jobs. I am wondering whether I am looking for a new job because I really have had enough of this job, or is it because of my suppression injections and the TTC break and everything that is going on with my health?
Am I crazy to be looking for a new job when really all I want is a baby?
Should I be putting my life and career on hold just in case I get pregnant next year?
I don't know what to do? I didn't apply for any jobs the beginning of the year when I was unhappy as I though I would become pregnant and then leave anyway. This obviously hasn't happened! I am worried if I do the same again the end of this year and next year and put my life on hold I will be miserable? I may not get pregnant next year anyway? What do you all think? If I do apply I most probably wont get the job anyway
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hey, its worth a shot girl! You'll never know until you try... maybe this is just what you need to turn over a new leaf :)
ReplyDeleteI have no good advice, but a lot of commisseration. From a career standpoint, I've wanted a new job for 2+ years, but I've stayed here because I was "going to get pregnant soon." Now I stay because (on top of planning to spend at least a year at home when we do get lucky) I don't want to start over on accumulating sick time and I'm afraid a new office would not be as flexible with my time for all of these infertility appointments. Infertility is definitely running my career right now.
ReplyDeleteI would apply for the job. We spend so much time at our work places, that if you are unhappy, it can carry over to other parts of your life. Might as well try to get something that you enjoy, so that at least part of your life is positive. And, if you should get pregnant, well, you can always decide then whether you will be a SAHM or working mom.
ReplyDeleteGo for it!
ReplyDeleteMight as well try. Just because you get an interview or whatever doesn't mean you'll like what they have to say. Something is obviously making you unhappy, so, maybe during your search it'll help you understand why? Just remember, if you go on interviews, you are just as much interviewing them as they are you? Best of luck.
ReplyDeleteDon't put your life on hold...that'll just make you feel worse. Gotta keep on keeping on and when the good stuff happens, it'll work itself out!
sweet Nic,
ReplyDeleteI think seeking is just fine-- you could find a great match, something that feels right and good. That would be so cool! I cannot comment on the timing, I have periods of real existential restlessness, sometimes motivated by the obvious external reasons, but sometimes by the feeling I am not quite where I want to be.
No matter what< i hope you find a great fit, and have some good options to choose from.
warmly,
Kate
PS 4.5 lbs to go! YOU ROCK!
I would try for that new job. Although we can hope we will get pregnant soon, really we don't know how long it will take. You are already suppressing for several months, so some break is already built in. We can't keep putting the rest of our lives on hold.
ReplyDeleteIf you're not happy with your job get out, you spend way too much time at work to have it get you down. Youve said previously that your workplace is not the most flexible or understanding, you might luck out and get a job with someone who really supports you.
ReplyDeleteDon't put everything on hold just in case, what does it matter if you get a new job and then get pregnant next year? Absolutely nothing - it happens all the time.
I can't hurt to apply :)