Sunday, 2 August 2009

Hangover from hell!

Went out with the girls from work last night and it turned into a heavy session!! I haven't had a drink for months because of my injections and the hot flushes and before that because of TTC and trying to get my body in shape. Well last night I think I had one too many!! I don't remember what I did when I got home but I woke up this morning with no clothes on, in bed and with a stinking hangover!! I laid in bed for about 4 hours, took a few pills and have finally braved getting up!!

Was a great night, had a laugh and was the first time I have felt happy for a long time. I was a little too drunk though. The thing that clarified it was when my friend reminded me that I found a pink barbie scooter and was scooting around pub car park at midnight!! My friend K took some photos! I am just waiting for them to appear on facebook. I really hope they don't!!

My side effects are in full swing though. I have spent most of the weekend sitting on the sofa in tears. Stupid things keep setting me off. I don't know what I am crying about half the time. It is just the stupid injections. The crap thing is that DH is away working this weekend and I am missing him. I hate it, he always seems to be away the weekend after my injection which is when I am the most emotional and vulnerable. DH is away again in 4 weeks time, the weekend after injection number 4 and he will be away for 5 days. Really not looking forward to it. I am quite independent and not very needy, I just miss him and miss his hugs. His hugs make me feel safe and make me feel like everything will be OK. Maybe it is a good thing that he does not wittness me in tears all the time, it wouldnt be fair in him.

Since us deciding we were going to start TTC, we have had to deal with my endometriosis, my operation, my injections, my side effects, my MRI and liver nodules, my operation in a few months and the thought of maybe having to go down the IVF route. It is has thankfully bought us even closer which is a good thing as it has the potential to tear us apart. I am very lucky and thankful that I have a wonderful DH. I have always known it but sometimes reminding yourself is not a bad thing.

5 comments:

  1. oh the dreaded booze blues. you have a lot going on it is ok to get emotional. we are afterall being pumped up with enough hormones and shots to make anyone crazy. Glad you enjoyed your night out with the girls and a good laugh! lets see you on that barbie bike!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink SCOOTER!?!? That is hysterical. I am so glad that you got out and had some fun- you deserve it! Sorry you are emotional after the shots- but this too shall pass. :) I am sorry your hubs isn't there with you- that sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time. :) Sounds like you needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry had to be done you are nominated on my blog, I was afraid I would jinx myself if I didnt comply.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!