I little bit about me:
- I am a veterinary surgeon, have been working as a vet for two years
- I am 25
- I am married to a wonderful DH, we have been together for 9 years, married for 1.5 years
- I have endometriosis, IBS, liver nodules and hypothyroidism
- I have had 2 lapsroscopies to try to remove all of my endomteriosis
- We started TTC last October with no luck so I had a lap in June. I am hoping to start TTC again after my next op which will be December some time
- I am on a 6 month course of injections to suppress my ovaries which puts me in a state of menopause. I have had 3 injections, 3 more to go! I hate them, I have hot flushes, cold sweats, dizzy spells and terrible emotions.
- I have a rescue dog called Maddy whom I do dog agility with
- We are in the process of buying our first house together
- I am on a diet and exercising a lot in the desperate attempt to lose weight and get my body ready for TTC again and be in perfect condition for when I eventually carry a baby.
- All I think about and dream about at the moment is having a baby.......
Today I have a day off as have worked 11 days and 4 nights straight. I decided I needed a day of retail therapy so have been shopping all morning! I am not really a girly girl and am not fussed by clothes, but for some reason today I wanted some new things to make myself feel better about myself and celebrate my weight loss! I bought a few tops, a shirt, a black jacket and some great shoes, they are electric blue in colour with medium height heels. I love them!!



YAY for retail therapy! Isn't that the best feeling picking out clothes in a size smaller then you are used to? My favorite moments are when you have to go out and grab something in a size smaller instead of a size larger. That feeling rocks. Congrats on your weight loss. Keep up the good work! I hope your surgery goes well in the winter and you can get back on the TTC train soon. Good luck!
ReplyDelete*ICLW*
Having a baby is all I think about too (as it probably is with a lot of the ladies that'll come around), so I completely understand.
ReplyDeleteOh, and those shoes sound FABULOUS.
Congratulations on the weightloss!! I'm working my butt off every night on a treadmill at the moment, so I completely hear you on the wanting to get in shape comment.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a girly girl either and profoundly HATE clothes shopping but lately, since starting to feel not as much hatred for my body, I haven't actually minded buying the odd new item of clothing.
ICLW
Hey Nic,
ReplyDeleteYou are so correct...Can't believe that August has come around so fast!
Good Luck in the weightloss program! And hope the road to baby gets a little easier for you!
ICLW
I think that is really cool that you are a vet. Good job on the weight loss. I have ibs as well. It sucks doesn't it. Good to have found you :) Happy ICLW.
ReplyDeleteRetail therapy is awesome! :-) We have a rescue dog, too!
ReplyDeleteICLW
I am proud of you and your weight loss. It is so freaking hard!! It is hard to believe that it is august already. It is going by so very fast.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comments.
{{HUGS}}
I firmly believe in retail therapy for psychiatric health. Just keeps the morale up, ya know?
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteCan't imagine how it must feel to be put in a state of menopause in the name of having a baby. I wish you well and hope the time passes quickly for you.
Congrats on the weight loss! That takes lots of motivation!
I hear you...all I think about, too, is having a baby...so hard to want something so badly...
Thank you for this!! I'm all for retail therapy too -- love clothes - but especially great shoes!!
ReplyDeleteI also have rescue dogs and think it's super cool that you are doing agility with yours. One of ours would be perfect for that - I should set a goal and try it with her!
Good luck with the weightloss (and feel free to send tips!!) and all the very best!!
ICLW
Congrats on your weightloss!
ReplyDeleteI hate dieting and working out but the feeling once those pounds have dropped off is pretty good!
The shoes sound great!!
~ICLW
Woohoo on the new clothes - it's always good to treat yourself!
ReplyDeleteRe your questions from my blog, here goes...
Did you run during this time?
-I ran during some 2ww's and not during others, but on the one I got knocked up on, I ran the entire time. And harder than I've ever run before as I was training for a half marathon.
Did you do anything different running wise?
-During my IVF's, I never ran immediately after transfer (I'd give it a few days) but I did run during some of them otherwise. And like I said above, I did run on the cycle I got pregnant so I personally don't think it negatively impacts your chances. I personally think it helped mine... for reasons I'll elaborate on if you're curious:-)
HAPPY ICLW!
ReplyDeleteRetail therapy always makes for a good day! Plus you TOTALLY deserve it! You have done so well on your weight loss. You should be VERY proud of yourself!
*HUGS*
Congrats on the weight loss - you are doing brilliantly and why not have some retail therapy!! I have been doing a weight loss plan as well so I know how much work it is!! I am not a clothes buying woman either but put me in a book shop and that is my retail heaven, though since I have lost weight, I don't mind looking at clothes so much!!
ReplyDeleteICLW
Good luck on the upcoming interview. I hope you get the job. Good luck on the diet and exercising as well.
ReplyDeleteAs a fellow 25-er, it sucks not getting the respect we want just because of our age. :-(
i hope december comes quickly for you and brings your bfp.
ReplyDeletecongrats on your weight loss!
ILCW
Congrats on your weight loss ! That is wonderful !
ReplyDeleteAre you on the ovary suppression due to Endo ?
Sending you lots of positive vibes.
ILCW
Happy ILCW ...
ReplyDeleteI know when I lost weight - I loooved cloths shopping!! I even started to like the color pink! LOL