Thursday, 6 August 2009

Faced with a big bump

A lady bought her cat in to see me this morning and she had the biggest bump ever. I had to carry on treating her cat, talking to her and all I wanted to do was scream and run out of the room or stare at the bump constantly. Of course I remained professional and didn't talk about this bump. All of a sudden the lady announced she had to let go of the cat because she was getting beaten up from the inside. That was nearly enough to tip me over the edge. Once the consultation was over I had a 30 min drive to my next branch. I spent the whole journey in tears. I want that to be me, I want to have a bump, have a baby growing inside me.

It amazes me how badly I am coping. I though I was doing well, thought I was coping but I am not. I have just brushed it all under the rug and trying to ignore and forget. That's how we get through it all though isn't it. By ignoring and carrying on.

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean sister. But hang in there, try and keep yourself busy. Gave you a little award, come on over to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, nic. i'm so sorry to hear this. i know it sucks. and when it rains, it pours. it seems like they all seem to come out of the wordwork when you are feeling the most vulnerable :(

    sending positive thoughts your way!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. umph. That sucks. I am glad that you had a place to be alone and get it out of your system the best you could. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an award on my blog! :) (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!