Sunday, 16 August 2009

Interview for job

I had my telephone interview this afternoon for the new job I have applied for. It went well. The guy was dubious about my experience and age initially but I think I managed to impress him as he has asked me to come in for an interview on Saturday!! I am very pleased as this is a great confidence boost. I have been stuck in a rut for a while now and this has really cheered me up!

I really don't think I will take the job though as it is def more hours than what I am doing now but I could be running my own veterinary surgery in a years time if I take the job!! I don't think I would gain the respect I needed though for this job as I am only 25. Although I am capable of doing this job, I would be in charge of all vets that are older and more experienced than me and I cant see a 40 year taking kindly to a 25 year old being their boss!

We shall wait and see for my interview on Saturday as you never know, this could be my dream job! I have decided that it is not the end of the world if I do not get the job. It has made me realise that a few things about my job are not as bad as I thought they are in comparison to some places.

The grass isnt always greener on the other side!

6 comments:

  1. Good for you Brave Nic! No matter what, it is affirming, and a great opportunity to explore. I am very excited for you! Even if this is not the "one", you will meet people, and networking is a grand thing no matter what. And having options, even ones we do not take, that is what keeps us all from feeling stuck and bitter. Good luck this weekend!
    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could understand your hesitation on taking the job- but at the very least you are keeping your interviewing skills sharp!! :) It is always good to stay marketable..plus it doesn't hurt to have the satisfaction deep down that you are secure in a job. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have everything crossed for you. Dont worry about your age if you can do the job that is all that counts. I was in charge of 5 staff by the age of 25 and now 12 years down the track I would do it all over again.

    Hugs
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. exactly! sometimes it takes you looking around to help you appreciate what you have :) i still hope the interview goes well and that you get offered the job. then you can decide what's best for you!

    also...i always think it's good to have experience interviewing!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got an interview! I can't wait to hear how it goes. I am sure once they meet you, you'll WOW them with your charm. :)

    Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm another one for not worrying about your age, at 25 I was a national manager with many direct reports much, much older than me (some with a huge chip on thier shoulder about it too), the skills you gain from being in that situation will be invaluable later on, especially if you want to run your wn surgery one day.

    Best of luck for Saturday, I hope it all goes really well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!