Monday, 21 December 2009

Happy ICLW!

I have had a few months break from ICLW, but now I am back in the saddle and ready to go again! Here is the short version of my story so far:

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at 16 and endometriosis when I was 18, I had a laparoscopy soon after. I have been on the pill since 16 to control my painful and heavy periods. In October 08 I was finally able to come off the pill and start TTC. This didnt result in a PG and I wasnt coping with the pain being off the pill. I had a second lap in June 09 followed by 6 months of ovary suppression injections. I have just had a 3rd lap in November 09 which was extensive, they removed all of my endo, my utero-sacral ligaments, my appendix and biopsied my liver as a nodule was found. Since then I have been recovering and waiting for my body to start cycling again so that I can start TTC again. I have an intial IVF appointment with a specialist on the 1st of Feb to discuss my options. My endo is very extensive and my left fallopian tube is destroyed so the chances of concieving naturally are small.

All I want like so many others is a baby...

10 comments:

  1. Glad to learn more about your back story. I hope 2010 will be much kinder to us both and that we will both get those babies that we want so badly.

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you from IComLeavWe. I also have had two laps and one good tube. We will start with some IUI's next month as I just had my second lap 2 weeks ago. Best of luck to you on your journey, I will be checking back on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for all you've been through! I pray your recovery from surgery will go well and you get great news from the specialist in February. May you soon have the child you so badly want!

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found you through ICLW. And wow, your journey is filled with many speed bumps. I pray for smoother roads in 2010 as you enter the IVF stage of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nic I'm so glad to read things are moving forward on the ttc front for you, that IVF appointment will be around before you know it and with any luck you'll be moving forward quickly. I hope the NHS is nice to you and gives you the same number of attempts we would have had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!!! I'm do Glad to hear that you have a IVF appointment with a specislist on Feb 1st!!! I just can't wait to hear how it goes. I hope you really like the Dr. and that everything goes great!

    Also hoping you make a full recovery very quickly and that you start cycling again ASAP, so you can start ttc:)

    You have been through so much so far. I'm ready to hear about your BFP in 2010!!! So Glad that things are finally moving forward.. and that the long 6 months of ovary suppression is over! Good by to them!

    Take care,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've had a road for sure! I hope that you get on the path that will result in a baby for you. Don't give up hope. I know of many people with Endo who were told they wouldn't be able to have kids and did.

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well in Feb and that 2010 is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You have been through a ton! I've had endo since 14 and been on bcp. I hope you appt w/ the infertility specialist goes smoothly! Here's to success in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ~ICLW~
    Hey there
    read your story and I'm so amazed at what you've been through. I think you are extremely strong to have gone through all that and I hope that you get your dream come true soon.
    xxRosie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!