Thursday, 10 December 2009

Nearly my bloggerversary; a reflection

Cant believe it, in 3 days time it would have been a year since I started this blog. A year since I found a release for all of my frustration and anger. A year since I was hopeful that I would get pregnant. A year since I faced up to the truth that I had infertility.

I would like to think that I will write a very thought provoking post on Sunday, but I doubt it!! I have my work Christmas party Saturday night, and although I dont feel 100% for a proper knees up, I am sure I will feel a little worse for wear on Sunday!

I am feeling so frustrated at the moment. I have been very frustrated since June when I went on the suppression injections. The 6 months of suppression was oh so hard, but I came to accept it somehow. It went quicker than expected and I managed better than I thought I would. Now however, the drugs are meant to be out of my system, I am meant to be back to good old Nic, I am meant to be able to get back into the TTC sadle. Sadly I am only seeing very small short glimers of my old self at the moment. Admitedly it was more than previously. Sometimes I feel a little happier, a little more affectionate, horny, but other times I am still grumpy and having dizzy spells and hot flushes like before.

I never though I would say this but I am longing to see AF! I know she will cause me so much pain and I will regret wishing for her to arrive, but at least it will show me I am ready, I am cycling, my ovaries have kicked back into gear and I will get my baby! Wow, that was a moment of optomism! It has gone already though!

I am awaiting my letter from the IVF doctor to have a chat and try to get myself on the waiting list. I am feeling so impatient to get this letter. I guess I am not that optomistic after all!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy early anniversary. I hope that af comes soon for you and that you start feeling more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that expression- knees up!

    I also hope you get back to your old self soon- but remember- you had massive amounts of hormones coursing through your system- yes they ~should~ be gone & you getting back to yourself, but don't push yourself too much. It can take so much more time than we realize for our bodies to get back to 'normal' (whatever that is!) And that's ok- everyone is different & you will be back to your old self again!
    Happy early blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!