Saturday, 13 February 2010

I forgot how much I hate the 2ww!

I am halfway through the 2ww and I think this is the worst part about TTC other than the BFN that you get at the end of it. I am analysing every little twinge and ache and thinking how today is implantation day. I am torturing myself! I have my hopes high for this cycle, mainly because I think I ovulated from my R ovary, the only side I have a patent tube. How silly am I, getting my hopes up, just for them to be destroyed in a weeks time!!

I know I will take this BFN badly, I know I will cry. I strangely didn't last cycle as I knew there was no hope. I was disappointed when AF arrived, but there was no tears. DH will sadly be away from Wed-Sat next week on business which is when my period is due. In some ways that is good as he will not see me have a mini meltdown when I get my BFN, but he also wont be there to comfort me. Now the big 'what if': What if by some massive miracle AF does not show and I get a BFP (!), should I tell him? He will be so so happy but sad that he can not share the joy with me in person, or shll I wait untill he gets home? I don't know why I just played that scenario out, its not like its going to happen.

Welcome back pessimistic Nic, I was getting worried there for a second!!

3 comments:

  1. Your Right.. the 2ww is torture.. Sorry your having to go through it. One day And hopefully VERY SOON.. AT the end of your 2ww you will get a BFP!! And it will be so worth it all! At 1st you may not even believe what your seeing. I didn't.. I took probably close to 30 tests.. FOR REAL!lol I had a hard time believing what I was seeing was real.

    Whatever the case.. this IS your Year for A BFP:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is it and you have your much deserved BFP. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 2ww sucks!!!
    My 2 cents is to wait & take the test with him there- especially if your af is fairly regular... That way he won't feel he's missed out (and at the worst- you can get your meltdown in private).
    Although I hope that it's good news for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!