Wednesday, 28 April 2010

What is your clinic's IVF success rate?

I was searching what my clinic's success rate is and it says for under 37 year olds it is 24%. Now is it me, or is it low? I will be 26 years old when I cycle, what do you think my success rate should be for IVF with me having endo?

4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Mine says 38% which also seems low. I seem to remember that my last clinic was much higher. I will look into it and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is 45%,live birth and 50% pregnancy for <35. I am going to a University- and they state the majority of their patients are people that failed at other places and end up there as a "Last ditch effort". Therefore the stats are lower overall- b/c there are people in their late 40s trying or people that have had 6-7 failed IVFs.
    Etc. Etc.
    Considering that, and the fact that the local clinic I was going to use had a pregnancy rate of 36%, and a live birth rate of 26%- and they don't treat anything "too complex". I am much more comfortable with driving 4 hours to go to a place with almost double % rate.

    I would find out if they treat a lot of older/multiple failure/etc. cases that may bring down their percentage.

    good luck girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My clinic had a computer program where they plugged in all my levels and information so it was tailored directly to my issues. I came in at 41%, but I was unexplained infertility...nothing else...never knew what the "issue" was. Those numbers are so fluid though...I wouldn't worry about it too much.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!