Sorry I have been MIA, things have been hectic, but in a good way for once. I have been away in Dublin for a hen party. Was a great weekend, made new friends, was a lovely city and had a great fun time!
I have an appointment on the 10th May at 11.20am at the IVF clinic! I am pleased it has been confirmed! It will be an hour long to discuss the ins and outs. I then need to make an appointment with the nurse to sort out the exact protocol and dates! I am so freaking excited! I asked I when they think I would be cycling, and they said they may be able to squeeze me in on the June/July cycle (!!), if not it will be in August!! OMG I will be going through IVF! I maybe pregnant this summer!
I am looking for some advice on how to tell my boss about IVF. I don't want to, but I have to with my job, being a vet. The health and safety is a big thing with x-rays and anaesthetics etc. How do I approach my boss? It is personal, not many people will know about the IVF anyway. My boss is a family type man, but can be an arsehole at times, esp when it is to do with work etc.
Help!!
PS. I am sooooooo excited that I will be cycling this summer!
PPS. I am due my period tomorrow ( I hope I get a BFP and wont need IVF, I doubt is somehow!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I was just straight with my boss...luckily he and his wife had been through it all (ended up with adoption...lucky babies). I would definitely ask the nurse the parameters for your schedule so you can be specific with your boss...I'm sure he'd appreciate knowing what was coming...especially if he's unfamiliar with how time consuming it can be. Good luck...so much to be hopeful for (BTW...love the new look)!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! That's very exciting.
ReplyDeleteI would just lay it all out there with your boss. Let him know that you are dealing with infertility and there may be some additional appointments/times you need to be away and it could be short notice. Hopefully he'll be understanding and not have any problems with it.
I think you should tell your boss since safety will be a huge concern for you. Let him know how important it is for you and your husband, that it wasn't a decision you made lightly. And that you may need to take time off, only during the IVF cycle. Hopefully he will have some compassion and understanding. And I'm very excited and hopeful for you too! All the best!
ReplyDelete