Sunday, 9 May 2010

IVF appointment tomorrow! *updated*

I am so excited! We have our appointment tomorrow with our RE, not met her before, hope she's good. It will be an hours long consult on our health and about our IVF protocol! I know I still have a few months till I cycle, but it is one step closer! I have a massive list of questions to ask! Anyone got any good questions I should ask?

How many did everyone transfer on their 1st ivf cycle? I think they will only put one embryo back in 1st time due to me only being 26 when I get to cycle. How many should I transfer? The idea of twins does not horrify me, but makes me concerned as to how we would cope and the pregnancy risks etc.

Other news- my period lasted 7 days and was extremely painful as ever, is over now thankfully.
Work is awful, receptionist still being a bitch to me. I sat in my car at lunch time on Friday in tears.

Will let u all know how tomorrows appointment goes!

8 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about your IVF appointment! I wish I could kick your receptionist for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! this News Makes Me Happy and Super Excited for You!!!

    We Transfered 2 embryo's.. and I was only 22. But My Dr. Did Say that he didn't like to transfer any More than 1 or 2 in women ages say "21 to 34"? (because the odds of them ALL Taking are Much Higher in younger women.. more than older)

    usually the only time they transfer more (like 3 or 4) is when a woman has had multiple failed attemps at IVF OR if she's say ages Late 30's or in her 40's. Which is understandable most of the time because Embryo Quality goes down with age Most of the time. Just a Fact.. But you Probably already know all this.lol

    Sorry about the painful period & that Horrible Receptionist Lady:(

    Can't Wait to here how everything Goes Tomorrow!!! 1 Huge step closer to your baby:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I remember my first IVF appointment. There are lots of questions and medical history stuff. I still have not been able to actually do a cycle yet, but that is because of complications. Hopefully we will start within the month. I hope everything goes well, and that you get a good timeline mapped out. We are transferring two when the day finally comes, but that is because I am 30.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were going to transfer one our first cycle, but then we got there and they said that two were of the same grade. We decided to go with two...they said it didn't increase our probability of having twins, but our probability of becoming pregnant in the first place...low and behold...twins.

    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dr only really wants to transfer one with our age however your dr might decide to transfer two.
    I'm really hoping come july for our second cycle he will decide that two is ok...

    Good Luck and let us know how it goes!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have never talked to you before but I found your blog through another friends blog. :) Anyways, I went through IVF at the age of 22. I had 31 eggs, 29 fertilized and we transfered 2. Unfortunatly neither made it. We were able to freeze 16 though. In 2008 when I was 23, we did a frozen embryo transfer (FET). The doctor transfered 3, and we got pregnant with one baby. We are planning on going through another FET cycle with one of our 13 remaining embryos sometime this year. I think we will transfer 3 again.

    GOOD LUCK! Hope your appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you ALL THE BEST tomorrow-
    take notes as it is often hard to remember everything covered--
    and
    sending BIG LOVE Nic!

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting!! Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow. We transferred two embryos the first time and three the second (although we probably would have only done 2, but we might have had only 1 to freeze if we did it this way).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!