Thursday, 13 May 2010

Not sure why I am bleeding (TMI!)

I had my period last week, was painful etc. I then started back on the pill on Friday and all was fine for a couple of days. On Monday afternoon I noticed a brown bloody discharge, though nothing of it and sort of ignored it. It has got progressively worse since then. It is like the end of a period blood. I am not in any pain, everything with me is normal except for this slight bleeding.

Why is this happening? Is it because of the pill?

I have my IVF schedule appointment on Wednessday. If it continues I shall try to speak to someone then.

I told my boss today that I will be going through IVF in July. He was strangely Ok about it and supportive! I am going to try to keep it a secret. How many of you decided to be open about IVF and how manay managed to keep it secret?

6 comments:

  1. I had good intentions of keeping everything a complete secret but as the appointments and blood draws got more frequent, I just told my boss that I was undergoing some treatments. That's just for ovulation induction and IUI. In vitro I will definitely have to tell to be able to use my sick time (must be pre-approved).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw in the towel. Everyone knows, some people at work even read my blog :o!

    I fond the more people I told the easier it became but I must say there have been moments I told no one!

    I hope that you get the bleeding figured out. It may just be horomones shifting.

    Good luck with the IVF appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bled for longer than "normal" too...your body is not your own when you're going through IVF...all sorts of weird things happen. Document and report to your doctor...it's probably "normal."

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be break through bleeding, don't be surprised if you bleed off and on this first month.
    I get it every time I start the pill!!

    We decided that we would be very open about it.
    I put it out there on Facebook and was surprised with the amount of support I received from friends and family.
    One of my friends has decided to donate her eggs after reading about infertility which is awesome!
    When we got our BFN the amount of love and support was very very helpful.

    Our next cycle we will do the same.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear your boss was so understanding:) (You didn't need that added stress if he wasn't)

    As for the Bleeding? My cycles are weird and never the same because of "PCOS" So I've had bleeding after a period before.

    I would just ask a Dr, and mention it to a Dr even IF it does stop. JUST TO SEE WHAT THEY SAY:)It can't hurt!

    *Can't wait to read about your Apt on Wednesday!!! I'm just so Excited For YOU!!!*

    I kept my IVF a Secret from Everyone.. Except My Dh of course.lol Also My mama, sister, & 1 aunt. All these People were my support system.. and people who are/were understading, and whom I felt I could trust NOT to be insensitive to my feelings. Also I had all My blogger friends which was "HUGE HELP" through everything even through both canceled IVf cycles:)

    My Blogging Made a difference.. I would recomend Blogging to anyone.. as it is a oulit whenever you need one! As you well know yourself I'm sure!lol

    Everyone is different when it comes to HOW MUCH.. you well tell others.. so DO What feels BEST for You:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about your added bleeding. It's so weird though because I'm now having the exact same thing, but it's from my hysteroscopy. I've been on birth control forever. But the fact that we both found out we're doing IVF in July and now this fun little addition...it's kind of strange!

    If it were left completely up to me, I probably would have told everyone I know about the IVF. I'm the type of person who needs to share, and needs to know that if I'm down or sad, people know why. However, DH is the complete opposite. He was worried that if we have a BFN or a cancelled cycle, he'd get questions and it would make him even sadder. So I chose several close people that I can talk to about it, my boss and some women at work as well. My family knows, too. But it's not public information, and I asked those people to keep it between us as well.

    We'll see how that goes over time. I'm so glad I have a blog to share all of the details. I need that outlet for sure!

    I hope you're doing ok. I'm super glad that your boss was supportive, that's such a big help. Mine has been really great, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!