Friday, 8 May 2009

Soon to be 25

It is my birthday on Monday and I will be 25. Half way to 50! I always though that I would be celebrating my 25th in style, have a baby or at least be pregnant. Sadly none of the above. I am working all this weekend and on Monday. No birthday plans at all. This birthday will be a downer no doubt.

I have not ever enjoyed birthdays or Christmas since my parents and brother moved to the USA to live. I am not even that close to my parents but I do miss them sometimes, especially when it is holidays or times that families normally get together. I am lucky that I have my DH, he is all I want and need other than a baby. It is hard on him though to be the one to look after me and the one I turn to always. Me having this operation is going to be hard on him, he is going to be the only one who will be there to look after me. At times like these I feel very lonely. I then realise how wonderful DH is and I feel a little better.

6 comments:

  1. sorry that your parents are not there to share your birthday with you.. But on a better note.. It looks like you have a wonderful Husband to share it with:)

    I hope you have a great birthday.. and my wish for you is....that next yr on your b-day you either have a baby or are preg:) Have a great day!!!!

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your birthday is much better than you think it will be. {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. My birthday is Sunday, so we are almost birthday twins.
    I won't do much either for my birthday, our family lives far away too. Hope it turns out to be a better day than you think and that 25 is a lucky number for you!
    Happy Birthday Nic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 25 may be halfway to 50, but it is also only a few years past 20!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nic, thank you so much for your amazing support always, and particularly these past few days. It means more to me than I can say, and so many wonderful folks came from your site to mine to offer support- THANK YOU. I am so grateful.

    Happy happy happy birthday Nic, you deserve to celebrate- next weekend? sometime soon? Hoping that 25 is the year where your dreams come true.
    Warmly, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Nic! I hope you do have a great on despite all the clouds hanging over your head. Just know that we are ALL here for you too- you are NEVER EVER alone.

    Happy b'day chickie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!