Sunday, 24 May 2009

A wonderful week off

I don't remember having such a nice week off in quite a long time. Rome was amazing. We caught the plane at lunch time Monday morning, arrived at the hotel at 6pm, had a shower and went out to explore our area and have a bit of dinner. Our hotel was in central Rome and I definitely recommend staying actually in Rome instead of the outskirts as getting the train or Metro is not fun. If you stay in central Rome you can actually walk to all of the sights if you are fit and happy to walk in the heat. On Tuesday we walked for about 1 1/2 hours to the Vatican city, went around the museums, saw the Sistine chapel, St Peters Church and then on to the Pantheon. We also went to the Trevi fountain which was very nice. We spent all day walking in the heat and was exhausted but was worth it. On Wednesday we walked about 45mins to the Colosseum and the Roman forums. The Colosseum was amazing but disappointed that we could not go down to the dungeons where all the gladiators and animals were kept, nether the less, was very impressive. We flew home on the Thursday. I think 2 days of sight seeing was enough for us, we saw all the major attractions we wanted to see so that was good. It was extremely expensive though, the food mainly. We couldn't afford to eat at any fancy restaurants as the prices were so high, but where we ate was still very nice.

Today we have gone down to the coast, walked Maddy on the beach and went around Rye, a very beautiful little coastal village with lovely shops and boutiques. Sadly only one more day off and then back to work for 7 days and then my lap.....

I have tried hard not worry about my lap. I kept telling myself that I would worry about it once we are back from Rome, and now that I am, I have become very nervous. Also a few of you have had a few complications with your wounds etc so that is making me more nervous as well.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great trip!!! I feel like I need to go somewhere and get away myself for a few days.. But.. I'm stuck here for now.. SIGH!! Hopefully it will be worthit and I'll get pregnat!!! I'm so tired of waiting!!!

    Sorry didn't mean to vent.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a spectacular time!

    I'm thinking good thoughts and hoping that your lap goes as smoothly as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!