Saturday, 23 May 2009

1st year wedding anniversary (and a question)

Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary! Cant believe it was a year ago today I was nervously walking down the aisle, hoping not to fall arse over tit! It was a great day and loved every moment!

Here is a photo of the happy couple a year ago!!


Question: I have a dilemma; as you all know I have gone back on the pill until I get my lap done as the pain of my endo has been so bad. I am wondering whether I should have a period before my lap on Tues 2nd June (as I was due on during Rome but carried on taking my pill), or do I wait until after my lap? Is it better to have my lap without having a period before hand so everything builds up and my endo is more obvious or does it make no difference? I am reluctant to have a period now as I will be feeling crap all week before my lap. My plan was to have my lap, keep taking my pill until I feel better and then come off my pill, start cycling and start trying for a baby again as I want to take advantage of being potentially more fertile for a few months after my lap. What do you all think?
Thank you all and I promise I will post about Rome soon!!

12 comments:

  1. never had a lap. but your plan sounds like a fine one. they want you to have a "good bleed" before a cycle in order to have a good lining for the cycle. i think that what you're doing is fine....but if you were waiting several months it may be different.

    also: thanks for the cat advice. i think i was freaking out that day b/c she was sneezing everywhere. sometimes she seems to do it on purpose to make me mad. i guess it's just good practice for kids :)

    how funny we were married on adjacent days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful picture.
    I don't have any idea about having a period before your lap or not, I hope someone can help. All I remember about mine is that they wanted me to be midcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I don't have any advice about the period, but I hope you get the info you are looking for from someone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Anniversary!!!

    Sorry, I'm no help with the endo issue, I hope someone can answer for you.

    Thank you for your support on my blog, I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hummm...I personally would stop the pill a day or two before the lap. You probably won't be bleeding yet, but the hormones will be getting out of your system. You will bleeding some after your lap if they are going to do a D&C also.

    Are you able to call and ask one of the nurse's what their preference was?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIKES!!! I forgot to say happy anniversary! That is so awesome. We are about to have our TWO YEAR anniversary. Crazy how fast it goes huh? That is a cute picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!

    My doc wanted me to have my period before because of the risk of having more pain from the period to add to the recovery process. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, when I had my lap (about 7 years ago), I was not TTC so I am not sure how to answer that question. I do think that having a period right after a lap would suck as I was in a lot of pain after mine, but everyone is different.

    Happy Anniversary, your pic is great, you guys look so happy.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog!

    *ICLW*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a period the day after this year's surgery. You'll probably be on painkillers after the surgery, so it might make it less painful if you start afterward. Y

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary!!!

    As for the lap and the period..sorry I have no clue..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!

    Sounds like you got some good advice from the other bloggers, but I would definitely call your doctor to be sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!