Sunday, 10 May 2009

Acceptance

This word got me thinking. Why is it so hard to accept things? Does it mean all hope is lost? Have we failed? I think it is the first step in the grieving and recovery process. Its a bit like a alcoholic admitting that they have a problem. We need to accept things in order to be able to move on and deal with the problem/issue/upset/loss. Accepting is sometimes so hard, it requires a lot of strength.

Thinking of all of the things I have accepted in my life so far has got me in a thoughtful mood: My bullying was not my fault, children are just nasty; I will always be a ill person, I will always struggle to make close friends, I will never have a good relationship with my parents, DH is the only one who will be here for me and TTC is not going to be easy.

I just hope I never have to accept me never being pregnant and never being a mum.

2 comments:

  1. Happy BIrthday to You!
    Happy Birthday to You!
    Happy Birrrrrrrthday dear sweet Nic,

    Happy Birthday to You! And many more!
    Wishing you all good things in this 25th year- I hope all of your dreams come true. Warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really hope you never have to accept that, too. :(

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!