Sunday, 24 January 2010

A quick update

I have my FSH, LH etc CD5 blood test tomorrow. I hate having my blood taken as I have shit veins, but I am excited as it means things are moving forward, it is another thing ticked off the list, another step closer to IVF and my baby!

Things between DH and I are a little strained at mo. He has a lot on at work and is very stressed and I am very down at the mo and work is shit. I think the strain, stress and worry at the mo is taking its toll on us, we are pushing each other away instead of pulling together. We have been through these periods before, periods where we withdraw into ourselves and it is not good. The intamacy and affection disappears and we become housemates instead of husband and wife. That is not to say we stop loving each other, we just need alone time. I hate it and he hates it too, but it is our way of coping. I do worry though that one day the period will not end and we will just stop being together. We have talked, got things off our chest and now we will be fine again and it will be us again.

5 comments:

  1. It's always hard when both people are stressed and into their own thing. Like you said, I'm sure you both will come back together again and everything will be ok. I hope your blood work/appointment goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is normal..VERY normal. As long as you keep talking..keep the lines of communication open!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the bloodwork. Chug lots of water an hour before- I also have crap veins & that's the only way they get anything with me!

    I'm sorry about you & the hubby- IF is hard. And brutal on relationships sometimes. It's tough when both parties process things differently- I know my hub has a very hard time opening up & that can create some tension too. It'll pass, just keep the love & lines of communication open as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there:) SO glad that you will be getting those test done tomorrow!!! Sorry about having to be poked on.. Hopefully it'll go well. Get ready though.. when you do start IVF they'll be checking your blood work all the time. And I won't lie.. its not always pleasant.lol

    As for you and your husband.. I hope the strain passes soon. But its normal for some amount of strain especially with all you have going on right now.

    Its gonna be ok. And Let ME just SAY.. YEAH!!! for 1 more step closer to IVF & your Baby. I can't wait to hear more:)

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!