Friday, 15 January 2010

Post op went well - speeding along to IVF

I did not end up seeing my surgeon, but another young Doctor and she was great! She asked if I understood what I had done, which I do. She then asked if I am OK pain wise, and I am. She asked if I had any questions, so I asked how long the IVF waiting list was, what the procedure was from now and what my chances were. She said they would talk about all of that with me on the 1st Feb which is fine, but she gave me a quick run down. She then asked if I had certain tests done like Day 2-5 FSH, LH and SHGB blood tests, day 21 progesterone, chlamydia swab and rubella immunity. I said No so she has given me all of the forms and paper work so I can get them done before my 1st Feb IVF appointment! I am so pleased. I wont be able to do the day 21 progesterone blood test though as wont be on that cycle day by the 1st Feb, but I can get the rest done. She was also pleased that DH has had his semen analysis. We will take the results of that with us.

She said because we are getting things done quickly they will be able to refer me to the IVF waiting list straight away after my 1st Feb appointment. I will then get a letter and a choice of three clinics. I will post that back and then will have a preliminary appointment and arrange to start the IVF within 2 months of that appointment! Cant believe I can get it all done that quickly! That is of course as long as all my tests go OK etc.

I am feeling massively excited and scared. This means they really think my only chance of conceiving is via IVF. I don't think they will do an IUI as I have only one tube and that is shit. Straight to IVF for me I think. That means by summer I should be going through IVF!! OMG I am soooo excited! I may have my dream this year!

Pessimistic thoughts keep popping into my head as I write this. I am trying to push the thoughts out of my head like, things never go this easily, things are never straight forward, I never have any luck. For now however I shall remain positive and excited!!

8 comments:

  1. I did IVF 6 times (3 fresh and 3 frozen). Now, I have a toddler and twins and I write a blog (Stress Free Infertility) to help others. I wish you all the luck in the world on your upcoming IVF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl. :) Stay upbeat and positive!! IVF is a wonderful thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally going to work for you. You're healthy, happy and ready. Keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm So happy that everything went well with your post op. And of course that the Dr. gave you all that paper work to do before Feb 1st!!!

    I can't wait to hear how that goes:) I'm so ready for you to get the IVF ball rolling!!!

    your right sometimes things might knock you off course for one reason or the other.. BUT everything Could Go really fast TOO:) And thats what I'm hoping for for you!!!

    Take care Nic,

    *Huge HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nic!
    Sounds like the appointment went really well, and you are on the right path! Please do not worry about all the what ifs, and know that they'll work with you for the best possible chance of success, and in the meantime you can have a wonderful time trying on your own!

    thinking of you
    and I bet that 2010 is the Year Nic Gets (and stays healthily) Pregnant!

    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you during this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I am trying to push the thoughts out of my head like, things never go this easily, things are never straight forward, I never have any luck. For now however I shall remain positive and excited!!" Ummm... because so far is has been straight forward and easy? Hopefully the worst is over and it is smooth sailing from here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to hear things are going along quicky for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!