As the title suggests, I am desperately trying to find something to keep me and my mind occupied. 10th July is when I start my injections, and that seems so far away. I am learning to crochet. I have started on a blanket. It is a bit wonky, it is not very good, but it is definetly keeping me busy. It shall be for when I have a baby. I shall continue to crochet blankets and poss other things untill I have a baby. I may well have a whole house full of yarn and items, but I am hoping not!!
Do any of you crochet? Do any of you have tips and any patterns that are good for beginners but look more effective than just a simple double stitch blanket!
I hate being in limbo. Nothing much to talk about, nothing, much to report. I am on the pill, waiting to start IVF. The wait is killing me!
Last weekend DH an I went away for 3 days. It was our 2 year wedding anniversary and we stayed in a nice little hotel and spent some time togther. Was nice to get away, be with each other and have a break before the stress of the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Happy ICLW week! I have no idea how to crochet, so you are way ahead of me on that one. I hope that the next month passes quickly and that the IVF is successful!
ReplyDeleteCan't help you with the crochet- I only have been able to do a scraggly long rope. LOL!!! The wait is ridiculous huh?
ReplyDeleteHere from ICLW! I started to learn to crochet a few years back because I'm a busy body and can't seem to sit still. I was going to make a baby blanket as well...but that didn't go too well. Good luck to you!
ReplyDeleteI am in limbo too. I tried learning how to knit and crochet. I wasn't very good at either, but I did ok with knitting. I couldn't switch from stitch to stitch though, I was stuck with one.
ReplyDeleteI taught myself to crochet with a beginner's book from Michael's. If you start with the basic stitch and get used to that, I tried to incorporate a new stitch or technique with each new project. Check out ravelry.com. It's a great site for getting patterns and seeing what the finished product will look like. my name there is redmissy.
ReplyDeleteI'm learning to sew, but that doesn't really help at all does it? Well, I hope you crochet a beautiful blanket, that the time passes quickly, and that it's the only you get to make. Best wishes to you!
ReplyDeleteHappy ICLW!
Hi Nic,
ReplyDeleteI'm working on the ICLW list, even though it has closed for the month, so I'm happy to have found your blog. I have a 1/2 vest in the cupboard that I started about 15 years ago. It will never be finished now, because I have come to hate the colours. I also have a 90% finished piece of tapestry (needlepoint) that is 12 years old and was meant to be a cushion. I decided I really wasn't meant to make anything with a needle. I cook and paint instead.
The introduction to your blog at the top is so poignant. I feel, on the one hand, that you are smart to have reached out to the blogging IF community, but sad that you haven't been able to open up to people in your daily life (friends,colleagues, neighbours,etc...). I know that ICLW is over for May, but if you are interested, I recommend that you visit my blog #77 Your Great Life and read the post "Privacy Matters." The link is: http://yourgreatlife.typepad.com/your_great_life/2010/05/privacy-matters.html I would love to know what you make of it; whether it's helpful or not.
I wish you all the best in TTC.