Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Frustrated!

I have a bit of a rant about my clinic and GP.

My RE said I have to hve a thrombophilia and blood clotting blood test, the clinic cant do it and if they did would have to charge me, but I am a nhs patient. I was told to go to my GP. I asked them to send a request to my GP as they would not do it without. Clinic said they would. I went to the GP's this morning for bloods and the nurse refused as they 'do not do private requests'. I could not believe it, one it is becuase I bruise easily and bleed heavily, and two it is not a private request, I am an nhs patient!
I called the clinic, they said they will have to check the notes and get back to me. I now need a blood request form and to go to the hospital for it, my GP will not do it!! I am not sure if the clinic will give me a blood request form.

I may have to pay for it if I can not get it sorted! I really need this before I start my IVF at the end of the month!!
Sorry about the irratic rant!! I am starting to lose hope with the clinic, with my IVF chances and now feel even more down.

There seems o be a few BFP's in the IF world at the mo which is such great news, I am so pleased and it gives me hope. It does also make me wonder if it will ever be me.....?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That is SO STRESSFUL! I would be beyond frustrated!(and I'm sure you are)

    I really hope this gets worked out quickly that way you can put this behind you and focous on your upcoming IVF. You deff. don't need this added stress, and I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    Ps. I BELIEVE it WILL be YOU:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I am sorry you are getting the run around. That really stinks. It will be your turn soon, you will join the land of the bfp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god, sounds just like the NHS too, all red tape and nothing getting done :( I hope you get it sorted quickly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!