Wednesday, 13 October 2010

New cycle in January?

I got a call from the clinic today. They have reviewed my notes and I am able to do a fresh IVF cycle again free on the NHS in January. I shall go on the pill, have a break and then new year, new cycle, new start? They will be changing me from Gnal F to 225 units of Menopur. I hope this helps as apparently it has better success rates?

I STILL have not got my period. So frustrating. I am going away on holiday to Cornwall on Saturday. I was hoping that my period will be here and over by the time we go away on holiday. Sadly not the case. I have been told to test again in a few days if still no period. I guess the drugs are not out of my system an maybe the cyst on my ovary is making me late again? I will not allow myself to get my hopes up and think it is a late implanter, I cant get my hopes up.

I am struggling to carry on with work at the moment. It is so busy and stressfull and I feel like I am on the verge of tears half the time. I have not allowed myself to properly cry and cry and grieve this failed cycle yet. I cant break down yet as have a few more days of work and holding myself together as best I can.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* I am sorry your having a hard time right now. Make sure you do take some time to yourself to do what you need. Yea for a new cycle that is free! I hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats Wonderful about the
    Free IVF! I did Menopur with my IVF cycle.(that one stung me just a bit afterwards)

    Sorry that everything is so hard right now. I'm sure Saturday can't come fast enough. I hope its here before you know it. You need time to grieve this in whatever way you need to.

    Thinking of you often.

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!