Wednesday, 27 October 2010

New year, new cycle, new protocol!

I went to the clinic today and have got the dates and protocol for my new IVF cycle in January! Here is the protocol:

Start Suprecur (lupron) 27th Dec
Stop The pill 3rd Jan
Base-line scan 7th Jan and start stims (225iu Menopur)
2nd scan 14th Jan
3rd scan 17th Jan
Egg collection 19th Jan
Blastocyst 5day transfer 24th Jan!

I am very excited but worried. This is our last NHS funded cycle, I really hope it works!

I have a few questions. Have you guys used menopur before, is it better than Gonal-F as that was what I was on last time as stims?
Is it normal to have a 5 day transfer, I had a 3 day transfer last time but our clinic is now doing 5 days routinely.

In exactly 2 months time I will be starting my second fresh cycle of IVF! Until then I shall try to get my body in better shape, try to get myself a little happier, look after myself and drink wine and eat sushi!!

5 comments:

  1. Good...things are moving along! We used Menopur, but I can't say whether or not it's better...I never had Gonal-F. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Excited to see you have your IVF Protocol dates!!!

    I did Bravelle/FSH and Menopur/FSH and LH with my cycle, and as you know "after" the right combo it worked. (my ovaries are very odd so I don't think you have any reason to worry about that yourself) I've seen many others that used Menopur in their IVF's too that were successful:)

    Hopeing that this is *IT* for you! I'm so ready to follow you on your journey through pregnancy!!!

    And I hear you on the getting the body in better shape. Trying to work on that myself.

    Enjoy your wine and sushi;)

    Lots of Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you have your schedule! I am so hopeful for you, and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely second the wine and sushi! :-D All your anxieties are perfectly normal. And even so, I think you're going into the next IVF cycle with a great attitude! I am happy that you have a plan of action now. Good luck with the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! And it means Christmas won't be too stressful. Best of luck - hopefully we'll be having IVF at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!