Friday, 1 October 2010

Going bald, help!

Has anyone ever found that their hair started falling out and getting dry clumps of dandruff on your scalp during IVF/FET treatment? I seemed to have got all of the side effects of these drugs like headaches, insomnia and bad guts, all of which I can cope with but I am losing my hair! I am starting to notice thinning of my hair line and it is upsetting! Help! The IF clinic has not heard of it, my GP told me it was rare and gave me some shampoo, but nothing is helping! If I do get PG and have to stay on these meds until 12 weeks, I am scared I will be completely bald! Maybe I should start collecting all of my hair that falls out to make my self a wig! Seriously though, it is really bothering me.

On a plus side I am PUPO which is always exciting and I am trying to rest but I know this 2ww is going to go so slow. Yay to being 1dp5dt!

4 comments:

  1. Happy PUPO!
    Fingers, toes, eyes...you know...everything is crossed for a BFP!!

    I didn't get the hair loss but I did get the upset stomach BAD!

    Hope it goes away!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about that awful hair loss. I've never heard of it before. I hope you get some answers and solutions soon. And yes, yay to 1dp5dt! I'm sending you lots of sticky vibes your way!!!
    XOXO, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being PUPO! Nay for the hair falling out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that during treatments, but I definitely shed a lot of hair during pregnancy. So, hopefully you'll still have some left. :-)

    Hope the 2ww goes quick for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!