I had a girlie night last night with 4 other IFers from my clinic. We all meet on a forum and have been very supportive of each other. We met last night for a meal and a chat and a rant and it was great! You would of thought we would be all depressed by the end of the night, but we all felt so much happier! So nice to meet people who really get it, understand what goes on during IVF, and understands the stress and dissapointment.
I am doing a bit better than when I posted last time. We have decided we will have a break and do a FET in April/May. This is time for us to try to concentrate on 'us'. For us to TTC the old fashion way and try to enjoy sex. We have kind of forgotten what sex is and how fun it can be!
DH and I are starting back with our running at the weekend and diet starts this weekend. I have been eating quite a bit of chocolate this week to try to cheer myslef up (!!) but I have set myself a goal after this weekend. I am going to get fitter and tone up and try to get rid of a bit of fat. I am not really over weight, but I would like to lose about 7lbs if I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Sounds like a fun evening!! You sound great. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had some girlie/venting time Nic! I can see where that would be so extremely nice....to talk to others face to face who truly understand what you are going through.
ReplyDeleteI am excited for your FET in April/May. You won't be too far behind me with your pregnancy! :-)
I am glad you got to meet up with some other IRL IFers!!!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely try and have some 'you' time with your hubs.
<3
It's like coming home again when you're with people who are going through what you're going through. It can be really healing, obviously.
ReplyDeleteWe took a break somewhere along our path and it was the best thing we did. It did bring us back to "us," so I'm glad you're doing that too. Hang in there, Mama.
All that in just one weekend?!
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed meeting up with other infertiles, its nice to not feel alone.
Sounds like fun! and familiar!
ReplyDeleteYour girlie night out sounds wonderful! Glad you are feeling better and have a plan.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great get together with if people. I wish I could do that.
ReplyDelete