My diet is going well. Lost 3 pounds last night at fat fighters, see ticker above!! I was also slimmer of the week which meant I won a whole bowl of different fruits which was nice. I really am taking my dieting seriously, this is the most serious I have been about my weight other than for my wedding.
My main problems with losing weight is that I have hypothyroidism and so find it so hard to shift weight. I also skip meals, mainly breakfast as I just don't feel like eating in the mornings. I also don't have time to eat during the day a lot of the time. I don't have a set lunch break at work. I have lunch if I can catch 5 minutes but that is all. This means that some days I do not have breakfast, I do not have lunch, so my first meal of the day is in the evening. I then eat loads as I am so hungry and then go to bed with a full belly, don't work it off and therefore put on weight!! I know its bad to go all day without eating, I hate breakfast and I cant help the lack of lunch some days.
My goal is to eat a decent breakfast every morning. I have tried but not doing as well as hoped. This morning I have eaten an apple and a banana, not bad I guess. Note to self, must try harder!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That a girl! You are on the right track, and it sounds like you are doing a great job developing good breakfast habits :) Hooray!
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I know it must be hard (it's hard for me as I'm trying to lose weight also). But what you are doing appears to be working. Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteyay!!! you are doing really well with your weight loss:)
ReplyDeleteAs for me I'm having to lose more weight now because I gained back some of what I lost last month UGH!!! I'm trying though I plan on not messing up this time:)
HUGS,
Hannah
ps. I don't like to eaat breakfast either..lol
Hi Nic,
ReplyDeleteI used to hate breakfast too, but for some reason decided one year to make a point of eating a decent one every day. Without making any other changes in exercise or diet, I lost 7 pounds in one year. This was during my first year of grad school, when so many other students were putting on weight from spending so much time in the lab and eating junk food. Good luck with your efforts! Your body will be so perfectly ready for a baby when this 6 months is over.
Re the breakfast, I can never make time for it so I find Vector Bars (chocolate flavor) feel fun, but give me the right balance of protein and calories to get me to lunch. Plus they're super easy (no fuss to make).
ReplyDeleteRe the hills, I answered this here and at my blog but thought I'd come here too just in case... For me, I tackle hills in a couple ways.
First, I keep my head up (lets more air in to breathe properly) and stare at the top of the hill - not the distance to get to the top, just the actual top. The top is my goal so I stare at it (it also keeps my head up cuz when you put your head down to "dig in", you can't get as much air in).
Second, I take smaller steps. This probably isn't proper running form but I find more smaller steps is easier than trying to keep my stride from flats.
Third, I turn on my "power song" off my nike+. I often need a push to get me up that hill so that particular song that has the right beat totally helps.
Yay on 9.5lbs so far!
I try to have breakfast bars or slim fast for breakfast. Something I can grab and eat in the car. I too am a lunch skipper some times.
ReplyDelete