Friday, 24 July 2009

Three day weekend!!

I have worked 11 days straight and within that 7 nights as well!! I have been busy and it has been so stressful. I am exhausted but I have three days off now!

I have just been for a 4 mile run in the pissing rain! I did it in 40n Min's, so 10 min miles is not bad for me and my short clumsy legs!! I had my weigh in at fat fighters on Wednesday night and I have lost a couple more pounds! I am now down to my wedding weight!! I am very happy! The only problem is, when I look in the mirror I don't think I look any slimmer, I don't feel as slim as I did last year for my wedding. I must be slimmer though as I can now fit into my size UK 12 clothes (USA 8) which I couldn't before!

On suppression side of things, I am having a few hot flushes, few ups and downs emotion wise, but not too bad. I am due my next injection on Thursday which I am dreading. Not only because the needle is big, but because the side effects are bad in the first week and a half. This is my third injection though, so half way through the jabs! The ticker is going so slow though, wish I could speed up time. It feels these 6 months are a waste of my life.

12 comments:

  1. Way to go you on the running! I need to get back into running. I have been doing far too much biking.

    Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
    No. 95: The Unfair Struggle (male-factor infertility, good friends, neighborhood rumblings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE! That is awesome! I think that this second shot won't be as bad as far as side effects b/c it won't be such a shock to your system. (hopefully) Are you enjoying at least not having period pains?? AF snuck in on my last night, and made my boot camp extra hard today. boooo!!!

    I am so happy for your 40 minute 4 mile run!!! YEAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the next few months fly by for you....waiting is always terrible. Congrats on losing weight: That's great that you can fit into your smaller pants!

    ICLW #117

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the progress.

    I know if feels like wasted time but you are getting healthy And [preparing for you next round of TTC which will have a much better chance of success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're able to get some good R&R on your 3 days off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy halfway point with the injections
    and Happy happy happy size 12! gosh darn you're tiny!

    and

    happy 3 day weekend Nic, it sure sounds like you more than deserve it!

    Hope you do some things you love this weekend,
    warmly,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 minute miles are great, esp. in the rain. I always run slower in the rain because I'm afraid of slipping.

    Enjoy the three day weekend!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weightloss! You said that you don't feel that you look slimmer even though you've lost the weight... I'm sure you know this, but weight doesn't always come off of where it went on last. Trust your scale and your clothes. :)

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats on your weight loss Nic! Hoping the rest of the cycle goes smoothly and the side effects aren't too bad.

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful to hear about how much weight you have lost and how close you are to the target...I also wish you low pain, and huge gain! :-)


    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy ICLW!

    Good for you for running! I've never made it past a mile. I got discouraged because my legs were bulking up rather then losing weight.

    Hope your meds aren't making you TOO miserable!
    *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm so impressed with your running and dedication! i always *try* to run, but i end up feeling like i'm going to die or something and give up :(

    yea for wedding weight :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!