I have been over my Nan's this afternoon, was nice to visit her. My auntie then turned up and we were chatting about Maddy and her dog and I commented how I would love to get a puppy. She replied 'why don't you have a baby instead'. I wanted to scream at her, but instead I replied 'babies are not very convenient, I cant really keep one in a cage at work, and these days it is rather frowned upon to leave them at home for 4 hours on their own when you go to the cinema like I did last night!'.
I was impressed with myself, instead of clamming up and mumbling something I had a witty response. I shall use it from now on!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That's a good one!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!! Good for you.
ReplyDeleteNic-that was a GREAT response. Way to go girlie! I am proud of you.
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
Beautiful! I'd have just blurted out "I'm trying!" and then burst into tears probably. That was good :)
ReplyDeleteFantastic response!
ReplyDelete