Sunday, 19 July 2009

Its becoming an obsession

My exercising, my dieting, it is becoming an obsession! This is a good thing though, there are worse things to be obsessed by! I have a very addictive personality. These addictions can be short lived or last forever. I used to smoke, I started smoking when I was about 15 and gave up last year on the 26th October at age of 25 (not that I am counting or dreaming about my last ever cigarette!) I replaced fags with chocolate and ate a bar every day for 6 months! I put on nearly a stone in weight during my chocolate binge! After my lap and hearing that I need another in 6 months and will most likely need IVF I decided to get my body in shape. I have cut out all chocolate, eating lots of fruit and veg and have been exercising a lot.


I am on duty this weekend, have been busy with lots of emergencies. This morning I got called out at 6 am to a ill cat. I finished with the cat at about 7.30am and went to the gym!! We have a gym right by work, so if I get called in I am only 5 min's away. I have never been to the gym at 7.30am before, yet alone on a Sunday morning!! For my breakfast I had a home made fruit salad with kiwi, grapes and melon! This is not me, where has Nic gone?!? Only a couple of more pounds to go and I am back down to my wedding weight!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Almost at your wedding weight...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your exercising, and dieting is a great thing!!! Plus.. if you stick with it... you will be much healthier and feel better:)

    YAY!! for you almost being back down to your wedding weight!!! Thats really exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There certainly are worse things to get addicted to!
    And even though it might not seem like it - right now is the perfect time to get in shape- when you do get pregnant it will be an easier pregnancy & you can keep up your normal exercise routine for a good long while (usually). And that's a great thing because let me tell you- labor is a freaking work out. Don't forget your arms & a strong core cuz you will nee it, lol! I was sore in muscles I had forgotten completely about for like a week afterward! I was not in fantastic shape before pregnancy- I was ok, but had indulged way too much on 'poor me' bfn treats & had quit exercise completely except for walking. Now getting into a routine is nearly impossible until the lo gets a bit more independent! And while breastfeeding did take the weight all off- it does nothing for the flab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be very proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep up the good work. I was never into sweets myself until I started having my period again after suppressing it for 6 years, now I have an affair with Hershey choc bars three times a week, but I did read somewhere it helps to promote weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH! Good job girlie!!!! What is funny is you said "replaced the fags with chocolate" tee hee. You know us Yanks have a different meaning for that word..

    How much IS a stone anyways? I am so ignorant.

    Keep it up girlie! I noticed on your ticker it said 4 months 1 week 5 days until end of suppression!!! YEAH!! It is going by fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!