Saturday, 4 July 2009

MRI results

Received a letter this morning from the hospital with my MRI results. Not what I was hoping for..... they found 2 nodules 16mm and 11mm on my liver. They think are benign but not sure so I am being sent to a liver specialist and need to have another MRI in 6 months time! I cant do it again. I was so claustrophobic last time, I nearly had a proper panic attack and meltdown. I got through it knowing it would all be over soon. To know that I need to do it all again, I am not sure how I will manage it. 1hr 10 Min's is a long time to be strapped to a table, pushed in a tiny tube and lay still, especially when you are so claustrophobic. Also, what if they are not benign, how do they know? They haven't done a biopsy so they can not say for def that they are not tumours, what if it is cancer? It cant be cancer, I feel fine, there is no pain, no signs, no illness, they just happened to find them. They must be benign, right?!

I am stressing, panicking and upset. I was expecting them to say that they couldn't find the nodules, my surgeon were imagining them, or that nothing to worry about, end of.

This afternoon to take our mind off things we went for a 9k walk around a lovely forest by us. Maddy the dog loved it and we felt very calm and relaxed. we tried not to think of any of our worries and it was lovely.

Three years ago today my wonderful DH proposed to me. Happy Independence day to USA and happy anniversary to me!

6 comments:

  1. i'm so sorry you got not great news! just think though- even if it ~is~ something (which i hope & pray it isn't!) then at least it's caught early. plus- while it's not easy for you to go through- getting another mri should be easier this time since you jknow you have already made it through once- just focus on that & make a great mix for your ipod & you'll do fine!

    happy anniversary- i hope the next three years bring nothing but the greatest joys to you & your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap! I'm so sorry the results weren't what you hoped for, that stinks. Maybe the liver specialist will look at them and know exactly what they are and put your mind at ease that they are nothing to worry about. Will keep you in my prayers girl *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no, I'm so sorry for these results. I'll be praying they are benign and hope you get the treatment you need and deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweet Nic, WTF? I think the universe owes you some clear good news for once. I hate the murky uncertain must wait and see stuff. But I can say this-- if they were *worried* you would not be waiting 6 months for a recheck. Next time ask for a sedative,
    and hope the specialist can put your mind at ease so you can get on to other things. So sorry for this difficult stuff, so glad for your sweetie and 4 legged beastie.

    thinking of you
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I'm so very sorry. I'll send you positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They can use IV sedation for the MRI. They were supposed to do this with me, but the anaesthetist had left by the time they got me an MRI appt. I FREAKED, and went back a few days later shitfaced on Valium (absolute maximum dose as per pharmacist). I felt awful the next day but I got through the MRI w/out a problem.

    Hope you get some good news soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message!!